What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

I think forward passes that are marginal and don't really give that much of an advantage to the attacking team should be let go.

So obviously NFL style passes would be banned but long passes that float forward or forward passes from dummy half should be allowed. As they don't really disadvantage the opposition.

More similar to Unions rules on forward passes.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Origin is a horrible spectacle. In a misguided attempt to speed up the game with low penalty counts Origin becomes one big mess of offside defences and wrestlemania, completely stifling the attack.

The average NRL game is a far better spectacle than origin.

OVP

Coach
Dead set bog average players getting paid way too much money. This cannot last and i fear something awful will happen to the game if salaries aren't brought back to normal. The fact a guy like Mitchell Moses is getting the same money Andrew Johns or Brad Fittler used to get is laughable and cheapens the game. People are now expecting and getting mediocrity for a very high price.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm sick of the entire game and everyone in it, it is heading down a bad path that if it doesn't wake the f**k up it will go the way of union. It's a frog in a pot of water, slowly boiling to death without realising it.

Ignore the politics mate.. you'll be happier for it. Just like real life, it's mostly posturing and bullshit and will land somewhere in the middle.

Unpopular opinions hmm

-Scrums have a place in the modern game
-Touching the play the ball with your foot doesnt really matter
-Mitchell Pearce is a rep quality player :p
-Mick Gordon is a plodder
-The clubs and players are in the right in the current standoff
-The NRL season should be shorter so to fit more Internationals
-The slight decline in crowds is a direct result of crackdowns on shoulder charges and biffo and other poor refereeing and rule trends of the last 5 years
and
-It will all actually work out mostly Ok

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I'm sick of the entire game and everyone in it, it is heading down a bad path that if it doesn't wake the f**k up it will go the way of union. It's a frog in a pot of water, slowly boiling to death without realising it.

I totally get what you are saying.

The past 3 to 4 years have really just pushed my limits of tolerance of this great game.

Some serious changes need to be made or its going to be a slippery slope.

The_Shield

Juniors
Ok I've got a couple.
1. Melbourne should be recognised winners of the 2007 and 2009 grand finals.
2. Vossy is a terrible commentator
3. Paul Gallen and the rest of the drug cheats should of been banned for 2 years
4. Introduce a 20/40 rule to go along with the 40/20

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Zero tackle rule is bullshit. Non-finals golden point is bullshit. Shoulder charges are cowardly bullshit and I'm glad they have been pole-axed.