What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Now You See Me- Its an interesting story line and it definitely keeps you guessing but I found there was just too many holes in the story line and there was also just so many things that annoyed me to tears.

I just don't like Mark Ruffalo as an actor nor Isla Fisher who apart from having a cracking set of pins adds nothing to the movie. Also Jesse Eisenburgs voice makes me want to drive nails into my eardrums... They are making this guy Lex Luther? f**k me..

vvvrulz

Coach
Now You See Me- Its an interesting story line and it definitely keeps you guessing but I found there was just too many holes in the story line and there was also just so many things that annoyed me to tears..

Really nice concept but it all fell apart in the final act.

The 'twist' was contrived, too much Ruffalo, not enough of the 4 magicians, Freeman and Caine pretty much wasted.

Could have been something really good

mackdadday

Juniors
ı started watching Captain America winter but after 12 minutes threw myself into a lake. Are you telling me it develops into a decent flick?

Aragorn

First Grade
ı started watching Captain America winter but after 12 minutes threw myself into a lake. Are you telling me it develops into a decent flick?

I can confirm - it doesnt.

Its just more "I love America" propaganda BS. But then again, some ppl obviously that sort of stuff. :lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
Funny that a movie made in America titled 'captain America' is all about America not to mention the biggest market is America.

Chicken, given its not that funny, I presuming its your way of saying I love America? the file was ok at best - cant remember much about it to be honest - the bad guy - winter soldier? i thought he was blah. my cat scares me more than him.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I rated the Winter Soldier- It felt more like an old-school spy/espionage movie rather than a comic book film... A lot slower than most of the Marvel flicks but it builds the story line really well, well written and looking forward to the next one.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Finally caught Godzilla today- I can see why it had the mixed reviews but I personally quite enjoyed it.

When it first came out a lot of complaints from people was that you didn't see the monsters enough, but I thought they used them really well. It would have got boring if they shoved them down your throat for two hours, but then there is the opposite like Cloverfield where the monster is just used as a c*cktease for the audience and then you get to see it in the last 10 minutes.

***Spoiler****

I was spewing they killed Hiesenburg off so quickly though:x

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched Billy Madison again yesterday for the five millionth time, I'm not a massive Adam Sandler fan but this one just never gets old and is infinitely quotable. Plus Sonya Blade is a hottie.

Got a few movies lined up to watch this week, ones that I've had recommended from various mates but just never got around to seeing : Prisoners, Insidious, Fisher King, Rampart, Quiz Show.

Parra

Referee
Lost in translation

I get what Coppola was trying to do, enjoyed some scenes and loved it being based in Tokyo...but still struggling to see how rotten tomatoes gave it 95%?

Need to think about it a bit more...the stereotyping of Japanese people and culture cheesed me off a bit

Just a boring shit movie really. Has lots of fans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.