What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
Seen a few lately.

Black Swan. Holy sh*t! What a great movie. Portman and Kunis are absolutely amazing. Another Aronofsky masterpiece. A very, very strong best picture chance.

Cyrus. Meh. It's not too bad really, but the whole man meets woman, has to deal with obsessive son has been done before and better. Good to see Jonah Hill trying something a little different in this one though.

(500) Days of Summer. I was skeptical, not really into the whole romantic comedy thing but this was pretty good actually. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has become an absolutely amazing actor.

Devil. Has its moments.

Predators. Absolute garbage. A really, really awful movie, with wooden performances. Has Adrien Brody ever done anything of note? For a name I hear all the time he's a remarkably bad actor. Laurence Fishburne phones in one of the worst performances of his career.

Extract. Decent follow up to Office Space from Mike Judge. Good performance from Ben Affleck, and David Koechner is pretty great as the annoying neighbour.

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard. Hilarious. Absolutely brilliant. Jeremy Piven can do no wrong.

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call: New Orleans. Nicolas Cage at his unhinged best. Whenever I see Cage shoehorned into a straight, average Joe character I always get the impression that his sheer insanity is just bubbling away below the surface. He gets to unleash it here in all its magnificent glory.

Big Pete

Referee
Ever seen the Pianist skeepe?

Obviously that would be the first stop, I didn't mind him in the Brothers Bloom or Darjeeling Limited either.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
The Hurt Locker. Great movie: 9/10. It really is a must see. I loved it.

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
True Grit, Not as out there as other coen movies but it is still pretty great.

The Girl is an amazing actor for a debut

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
:lol: Skeepe

I saw Predators as well. Wow, talk about ordinary. Laurence Fishburne probably loved it though. He would've gotten a nice sum for hardly any days work, his part was over so quickly.

Really wasn't a surprise throughout the film. The only thing you could consider a twist was when one of the characters went illogically evil, but that was so geniused it just made me laugh.

skeepe

Immortal
I'd recommend it for the story alone... add one of the best lesbian sex scenes I've ever seen and you have a brilliant movie. Even if it is about ballet.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Just watched the trailer, looks kinda messed up :?

It is incredibly messed up, it was a really good movie but I don't think it's as good as all the hype makes it out to be.

I saw the fighter the other day, I'm not a fan of Mark Wahlberg or Christian Bale (except for the machinist and american psycho), but wow they put in some incredible performances. Bale was brilliant in it.

Lagaan, once upon a time in India.

If you only ever see one Bollywood movie in your life, make it that one.

Also, a German send-up of Star Wars/Trek called Dreamship Surprise. A real surprise, laughed my arse off.

perverse

Referee
just finished watching Primer... and i already know i'm going to have to watch it again at least once more. people that were confused by Inception probably want to give this one a miss, though. it's pretty heavy on the mindf**k... and then it bends you over and does it again.

it was very enjoyable, all the same. apparently made on a budget of $7000... and is easily as good as something like Clerks or The Blair Witch Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.