What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaboom

A Greg Araki film that came recommended by a friend who enjoyed it. Tries to be a bit like Donnie Darko but with a lot more sex, cheese and one dimensional characters. Essentially the film plays out as you expect for the first 75 minutes until they throw in about 5 twists in the final 5 minutes and then it ends.

Highlight was the soundtrack, rest of the film was pretty mediocre but a decent enough popcorn flick.

If you know who Gregg Araki is would i be right in assuming you've seen Mysterious Skin?

Last edited:

Tweek

Juniors
Jim's a pretty educated guy from memory

I got sick of Pennywise long before lindberg left, really only enjoy their first couple of albums and a few songs of full circle/straight ahead these days. I'd only really hear Fletcher's side before from an interview so i'll have to check out this doco.

I got all the pennywise album up to The Fuse, i think there is one after that? and i reckon they are all really good. There are top class songs on every single one of them.

Frenzal on the other hand went downhill after meet the family, a mans not a camel is alright but shut your mouth was shit. Must say haven't bought/heard much after that.

Still remember Jay called me out at a concert once, because i must have been going crazy for the old songs and not doing much for the new ones during shut your mouth tour? ill always rememebr he said "look at this guy only wanting us to play coughing up a storm, while wearing a mans not a camel t-shirt"

made me laugh.

LESStar58

Referee
watching Full Metal Jacket for the first time in a looooooooooong time. Forgot how good it is. That first 45 minutes is priceless!

LESStar58

Referee
Over the last few weeks we have been doing all the alien and predator movies in this order.

Alien - Aliens - Predator - Predator 2 - Alien 3 - Alien Resurection - Predators - Alien Vs Predator - Alien Vs Predator Requiem

Alien, Aliens and Predator are still bloody great movies, and were pretty advanced for their time.

I am one of very few people that enjoyed both the AVP movies. I just think there is nothing cooler than a predator throwing down against a xenomorph.

The 2nd Predator with Danny Glover is under rated IMO.

I loved Predators. It was a throwback to the original which I liked. And Long Tall Sally over the end credits was just the icing on the cake!

nöyd

Staff member
just watched the phantom menace in 3D (stop laughing), which is not in actual 3D, just a 2D conversion, fell asleep about 6 times which is a new personal best for me, i blame this merkin:

232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpeg

lucas will take any chance to ruin anything positive about the original trilogy, but when a chance to fix up the other 3 comes along he leaves them alone and slaps a 3D sticker on the posters.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
just watched the phantom menace in 3D (stop laughing), which is not in actual 3D, just a 2D conversion, fell asleep about 6 times which is a new personal best for me, i blame this merkin:

232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpeg

lucas will take any chance to ruin anything positive about the original trilogy, but when a chance to fix up the other 3 comes along he leaves them alone and slaps a 3D sticker on the posters.

By going to see it... You are part of the problem.

Ah george lucas, just goes to show you can be a shit director and writer, but slap on some special effects and a little mythology, and you can make a fortune.

LESStar58

Referee
Watched Dirty Dancing on Gem last night. Average movie but the soundtrack (with the exception of all the "modern" stuff) kicks arse...

Eelectrica

Referee
YellowBrickRoad. The concept grabbed me, but it could have been executed better. Not entirely sure what to make of it. The ending put a real chill down my spine which I haven't experienced in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts