What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
The Muppets - 9.5/10

Honestly best film I've seen all year. Absolutely loved it, brought back so many memories. I thought Jason Segel might have ruined it, but instead he might have saved it.

'Pictures in my Head' must get Best Song.

IanG

Coach
Saw Rio on Saturday Night. Went to a Cinema Under The Stars.

Speaking of The Muppets does anybody remember the original Muppet Movie?

roboshark

Coach
saw the muppets on weekend...not too bad..yes a few memories were rehashed

and ian..big w were selling the old muppet movie , saw it on the weekend

Scorpio30

Bench
The Big Lebowski....Been meaning to see this for ages because of the hype....but I dont think its dated well. But I can see it must have been good for that era. 1998 I think.

WYD

Juniors
The Rum Diary

Has nothing on the book, or the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas film for that matter, but it was good to see a Hunter S. Thompson inspired work.

skeepe

Immortal
The Big Lebowski....Been meaning to see this for ages because of the hype....but I dont think its dated well. But I can see it must have been good for that era. 1998 I think.

Blasphemy! It holds up incredibly well IMO.

Bad Teacher - f**king WOEFUL. Unfunny, no plot to speak of, two-dimensional characters that are completely undeveloped the whole way through, horrible hammy acting from everyone (including Jason Segel, although he at least seemed aware how shit the movie was and seemed to be taking the piss the whole way through). What a waste of time.

Cupid Stunt

The Rum Diary

Has nothing on the book, or the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas film for that matter, but it was good to see a Hunter S. Thompson inspired work.

Am about watch this, wasn't expecting much but have to have a look & see what they do with Hunters work.

Yeah and they failed, again.

Mission Impossible 4 - better than I thought. I haven't seen a single movie of the series and expected it to be a pile of shit but I was mildly impressed.

Sherlock Holmes 2 - meh. Over used the slow motion. Haven't seen the first though.

Springs

First Grade
Evangelion 1.0

Was entertaining for me at least but is much more rushed. I thought they would remake it to be clearer for non-fans but it is actually less clear than the first episodes of the series, which are quite easy to understand compared to the ending(s).
They have remade the battles to be the primary focus while shortening the development/psychological scenes which made the series so unique in the first place. I haven't seen the second one yet but have heard that they change a lot more than they did in this one. I enjoyed it but having two completely different canons will make the series even more confusing.

Yeah and they failed, again.

Mission Impossible 4 - better than I thought. I haven't seen a single movie of the series and expected it to be a pile of shit but I was mildly impressed.

Sherlock Holmes 2 - meh. Over used the slow motion. Haven't seen the first though.

That may just be the nicest thing i've ever seen from you on here.

Other than your love for Nani obviously.

RedVDave

First Grade
Watched The Craic had to add subtitles though cause I could not understand a word that was being said.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Anyone else see Brad Pitt's new film Moneyball? It's about the Oakland A's MLB team trying to compete with the big guns on 1/3 the salary by using maths and baseball specific algorithms and picking up low cost high value players, was really good i recommend it highly. Also stars Jonah Hill and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts