What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
John Carter - One of the worst movies ever created cant believe that cost $300m o make.

I was average but it wasn't 'one of the worst movies ever created'

The Grey - 7.5/10. Was more than just men vs wolves like the trailer suggested.

End of Evangelion - 8/10. Was very stange as expected. Still very enjoyable and thought-provoking. Compliments the TV series ending well in my opinion.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
End of Evangelion - 8/10. Was very stange as expected. Still very enjoyable and thought-provoking. Compliments the TV series ending well in my opinion.

The rebuilds are better than I expected as well, even if they are just a bit of a cash grab, they're a cash grab that isn't awful...

Springs

First Grade
The rebuilds are better than I expected as well, even if they are just a bit of a cash grab, they're a cash grab that isn't awful...

A lot of the new scenes compliment the movie format well. Music and animation are much better. Doesn't delve into the psychological side of it as much as the TV series which can be good or bad depending on the person.

The end of 2.0 was brilliant in my opinion. It's just frustrating that the final film won't be released until next year.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Isn't there a US remake for Battle Royale planned?

If you count the Condemned then they already have. Getting a sh!t load of cash and picking prisoners to use makes better sense for a plot then picking a single class of kids to help the nations overpopulating. Having say 100,000 go at it might make a dent in it ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
Over the last few weeks we have been doing all the alien and predator movies in this order.

Alien - Aliens - Predator - Predator 2 - Alien 3 - Alien Resurection - Predators - Alien Vs Predator - Alien Vs Predator Requiem

Alien, Aliens and Predator are still bloody great movies, and were pretty advanced for their time.

I am one of very few people that enjoyed both the AVP movies. I just think there is nothing cooler than a predator throwing down against a xenomorph.

Love and have all these films on blu ray, I think you have inspired me to do the same.

Big Pete

Referee
What did he do in the movie nath?

Moneyball was a good little film. Not sure about anyone else, but it's the type of film that actually made me enjoy sport more in general. Pitt was Pitt and Jonah was actually enjoyable in this. Normally he pisses me off, but I have to say he played a really good role here. Some decent lines and I liked the bittersweet ending.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
A lot of the new scenes compliment the movie format well. Music and animation are much better. Doesn't delve into the psychological side of it as much as the TV series which can be good or bad depending on the person.

The end of 2.0 was brilliant in my opinion. It's just frustrating that the final film won't be released until next year.

It's hard to do as much in terms of the psychology of it when the films introduce new characters and plot devices with a combined running time of about 9 hours for all four films (roughly estimated).

Compare this to the original series and 2 films with a run time of well over 14 hours. It's more direct as a necessity.

3.0 should be out sometime around September, with the final one coming out some time in 2013.

natheel

Coach
What did he do in the movie nath?

Moneyball was a good little film. Not sure about anyone else, but it's the type of film that actually made me enjoy sport more in general. Pitt was Pitt and Jonah was actually enjoyable in this. Normally he pisses me off, but I have to say he played a really good role here. Some decent lines and I liked the bittersweet ending.

Recovered his old 21 jump street roll. Bit of a twist. I knew he was going to be in it but didn't know how so it was a good surprise.

It was a stupid movie but it was just a bit of fun I really enjoyed it. I went in not expecting heaps

Channing tatum I hate him but was good in this movie

James Franco's younger bro is in it too as is nick from new girl

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
anyone seen Battleship? Bit hesistant considering it has Rihanna in it. Rapper-decent movie ratio is pretty low

Battleship looks like one of those shitty movies Bulldog Force would start a thread about giving 9.5/10. I'm still going to watch it though, love a shitty movie :D

azzah72

Bench
21 jump st surpassed my expectations, was decent! Some funny ass moments, I was cracking up at the "finger my mouth" scene for some reason, it was just the visual.

natheel

Coach
21 jump st surpassed my expectations, was decent! Some funny ass moments, I was cracking up at the "finger my mouth" scene for some reason, it was just the visual.

tatum and hill work well together. i reckon they should do more movies together

Tommax25

Bench
I just can't believe Battleship is 'based on' the boardgame! Is there lore I've never heard of or have they just pulled it from their asses :lol:

Saw The Other Guys again on bluray last night, still pretty funny. I like the when they guys jump off the building the best, when I originally saw it I was relaxed then they say:

"Aim for the bushes"

I was like wtf are they jumping? Then they jump and its bare concrete for miles all around. WHAT BUSHES :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.