What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Watched "The Escapist" last night. Never heard of it before and found it on my hard drive. Not a bad prison movie

natheel

Coach
just saw 'The Hunger Games' bit of a disturbing concept....rich people forcing young poor kids to kill eachother for a game.

but a good movie kept me on the edge of my seat

Matt23

Staff member
just saw 'The Hunger Games' bit of a disturbing concept....rich people forcing young poor kids to kill eachother for a game.

x2, Not a bad movie at all

21 Jump Street was alright it had its moments. Jonah Hill is growing on me

Contraband, eh. Shillinger doesn't look right with a moustache and the antagonist was terrible. Not a Marky Mark fan and he failed again.

Watch the movie it jacked then - Battle Royale

natheel

Coach
21 Jump Street was alright it had its moments. Jonah Hill is growing on me

Contraband, eh. Shillinger doesn't look right with a moustache and the antagonist was terrible. Not a Marky Mark fan and he failed again.

Watch the movie it jacked then - Battle Royale

i'll give it a look

Moffo

Referee
just watched hunger games

not sure how i feel. had elements (from a conceptual perspective) from lord of the flies, brave new world and the truman show. after 30 minutes i was pretty hooked, thought, where could this go (a bit like i am legend)

to be honest though, i felt a bit let down by the rest of it. the 'battle' scene went for way too long, way too drawn out and ultimately a bit predictable. i loved some of the characters in the movie...the guy doing the interviews was a classic

i think that its the sort of movie where the book would be better. don't get me wrong, good movie, but probably fell a bit short of what i was thinking going in to it

natheel

Coach
just watched hunger games

not sure how i feel. had elements (from a conceptual perspective) from lord of the flies, brave new world and the truman show. after 30 minutes i was pretty hooked, thought, where could this go (a bit like i am legend)

to be honest though, i felt a bit let down by the rest of it. the 'battle' scene went for way too long, way too drawn out and ultimately a bit predictable. i loved some of the characters in the movie...the guy doing the interviews was a classic

i think that its the sort of movie where the book would be better. don't get me wrong, good movie, but probably fell a bit short of what i was thinking going in to it

agreed i think they rushed into the 'hunger games' too quickly. i liked the training and parts of them getting ready for it. Stan Tucci is great as the interviewer. But imagine if this happened it would be absolutly insane. thought Josh Hutcherson was good as Peeta but one i was impressed with was Lenny Kravitz, played a small role but did a good job

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just watched Case 39. Would have been a have decent horror flick if you didn't have to watch renee zellwengers squint the entire time

Springs

First Grade
In The Hunger Games they took away a lot of the moral aspect of it by having some of the kids play sadistic killers that mock their victims.

I thought it would have been a lot better and more disturbing if the kids were just killing to stay alive, not wanting to kill anyone. Basically if all the kids were like Katniss and Rue. I didn't like the fact you actually wanted some of the kids to get killed. Made it into a classic good vs bad when it could have been so much more heart wrenching.

Also couldn't get into the fact that an entire society enjoys watching a little girl die.

Also couldn't figure out why more people didn't riot like District 11.

Springs

First Grade
Oh and wouldn't there be complications from pretty much rigging the tournament? I mean people bet on who would survive the longest and they changed the rules several times. Not to mention throwing fireballs at Katniss.

Generalzod

Immortal
In The Hunger Games they took away a lot of the moral aspect of it by having some of the kids play sadistic killers that mock their victims.

I thought it would have been a lot better and more disturbing if the kids were just killing to stay alive, not wanting to kill anyone. Basically if all the kids were like Katniss and Rue. I didn't like the fact you actually wanted some of the kids to get killed. Made it into a classic good vs bad when it could have been so much more heart wrenching.

Also couldn't get into the fact that an entire society enjoys watching a little girl die.

Also couldn't figure out why more people didn't riot like District 11.

Kinda like the Running Man now that a movie...

Saw Hunger Games the other night.

If i hadn't already seen Battle Royale i probably would have enjoyed it more. BR is pretty much better in every way, aside from special effects, which is to be expected i guess.

natheel

Coach
watched Goon with Sean William Scott....started off slow, but ended up really enjoying it. never been a massive fan of scotts but he hardly talks in this one (dumb headed goon). 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.