What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupid Stunt

^^^ Yeah I liked Moneyball too. Was well worth the watch.

The Other F Word - For those who grew up with Punk inspired lives & got one past the keeper at some stage. A good doco.

Frederick

Staff member
Horrible bosses - enjoyed it. Kevin spacey and Jason bateman are two of my most favorite actors. Also, my fiancé has now given me permission to do Jennifer Anniston should the opportunity ever arise, although I'm sure she'll deny all knowledge of said permission if it actually happened lol.

WYD

Juniors
Horrible bosses - enjoyed it. Kevin spacey and Jason bateman are two of my most favorite actors. Also, my fiancé has now given me permission to do Jennifer Anniston should the opportunity ever arise, although I'm sure she'll deny all knowledge of said permission if it actually happened lol.
Kevin Spacey has sucked since American Beauty.

Over the last few weeks we have been doing all the alien and predator movies in this order.

Alien - Aliens - Predator - Predator 2 - Alien 3 - Alien Resurection - Predators - Alien Vs Predator - Alien Vs Predator Requiem

Alien, Aliens and Predator are still bloody great movies, and were pretty advanced for their time.

I am one of very few people that enjoyed both the AVP movies. I just think there is nothing cooler than a predator throwing down against a xenomorph.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The biggest issue with the 1st AVP movie was that it was originally shot as an American R rated movie but then a big chuck of the gore was taken out to be classified as PG-13. Absolutely ruined the whole concept

roboshark

Coach
Saw man on a ledge last nite. Not bad

Jeez the chick in it is a stunner"........not elizabeth banks but the other one

natheel

Coach

The Other F Word - For those who grew up with Punk inspired lives & got one past the keeper at some stage. A good doco.

Man that was a great doco! Just shows you what these guys really go through. We as fans always think it would be an awesome life but this shows that they're just people secretly wanting normal lives. The Duane peters story about his son in that car crash was heavy too

I enjoyed this thoroughly

Cupid Stunt

Glad I'm not the only one that liked it. Sadly I think this will go largely unnoticed, & thats a shame as it really is a well put together story.

Agree with the Duane Peters bit.

natheel

Coach
I loved the fact it was based around Jim lindbergs split with pennywise but I saw fletcher in a new light he comes off as a bit of a dick

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Man that was a great doco! Just shows you what these guys really go through. We as fans always think it would be an awesome life but this shows that they're just people secretly wanting normal lives. The Duane peters story about his son in that car crash was heavy too

I enjoyed this thoroughly

Yeah I really enjoyed it, can't believe it's been met with such poor reviews. Lindberg seems like a really nice guy away from the music, you certainly need to be a certain kind of person to be able to live that lifestyle for 20+ years, especially when you have a family. Fletcher ended up coming off like a dick, and Black Pacific is a pretty decent new version of Pennywise, they'll probably end up being more successful over the next few years with Lindberg at the helm, Jim was Pennywise, always will be.

Duane Peters is an 'interesting' guy, some of the words he used to describe his sons death aren't exactly what your average pundit would, pretty tough watching it though.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
Evangelion 2.22 - 9/10 Really recapturing the feel of the series but with more connection between the characters and more epic scenes. Would be confusing for anyone who hasnt seen the series though.

Dreamcatcher - 5/10 Screwed the story up majorly.

American Beauty - 8.5/10 A lot stranger than I thought it would be. I thought it would be a moving drama but is actually very funny. However I don't find a plastic bag in the wind particularly beautiful.

Tweek

Juniors

Thanks for this! never heard of it before. Will have to watch it.
I bought Jim Lindbergs Book, Punk Rock Dad when my wife was pregnant with our first kid. was a great read, he really is a good writer. cant wait to see the doco which from the preview i just watched sems to have expanded on his book.

also agree with Firey_Dragon. Jim WAS pennywise to me. havent bothered with the new singer and the Black Pacific is pretty good.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just checked out Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. 7.5/10

Brilliantly acted and very tense, but I found that I didn't really care about any of the characters. Nor was I really given any reason to care about the existence of a mole.

billy2

Juniors
Went to any questions for Ben.

Should have been a clue that i was the only person there.

It's like a really bad episode of Sienfeld that goes on and on and on and isn't at all funny.

I didn't stay to the end, but my preferred ending would be that the main character kills himself and puts us all out of his misery.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Yeah I really enjoyed it, can't believe it's been met with such poor reviews. Lindberg seems like a really nice guy away from the music, you certainly need to be a certain kind of person to be able to live that lifestyle for 20+ years, especially when you have a family. Fletcher ended up coming off like a dick, and Black Pacific is a pretty decent new version of Pennywise, they'll probably end up being more successful over the next few years with Lindberg at the helm, Jim was Pennywise, always will be.

Duane Peters is an 'interesting' guy, some of the words he used to describe his sons death aren't exactly what your average pundit would, pretty tough watching it though.

tell me about it, he didn't seem to care what Jim wanted to do at all, i find it shit when memebers of your band book shows without your consent of saying you agree to do it type thing, it's an ultimate slap in the face. it's a band for a reason and Fletcher kinda took over as the 'leader' but he was probably in denial because his mate had grown up and he hasn't.

Red Bear

Referee
Jim's a pretty educated guy from memory

I got sick of Pennywise long before lindberg left, really only enjoy their first couple of albums and a few songs of full circle/straight ahead these days. I'd only really hear Fletcher's side before from an interview so i'll have to check out this doco.

Anyway, I watched Flying High for the first time last night, piss funny movie, loved it.

Got a Bond film (Diamonds are Forever) and Raiders of the Lost Ark to watch for the first time as well in the enxt couple of days.

Big Pete

Referee
Kaboom

A Greg Araki film that came recommended by a friend who enjoyed it. Tries to be a bit like Donnie Darko but with a lot more sex, cheese and one dimensional characters. Essentially the film plays out as you expect for the first 75 minutes until they throw in about 5 twists in the final 5 minutes and then it ends.

Highlight was the soundtrack, rest of the film was pretty mediocre but a decent enough popcorn flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts