What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
I refuse to watch Project X, if there is one type of movies I can't stand it's teen sex comedies. Project X just looks like 90 minutes of decadence and depravity played out for shock laughs, not my type of film at all.

Rango can be added to the list of recently good animated films. Don't think it really stood out per say and there were some aspects I didn't care for but the animation was crisp, some of the voice acting was spot on & the movie was well paced. Sick of seeing Depp in these fish out of water productions though.

I liked Rango. Depp's latest films seem to go by the formula that weird worked for Jack Sparrow, so now weird must work for everything, especially Burton films. His greatest challenge would probably be playing a normal person.

Reviews for Prometheus have been mixed. Some are saying it was way too overhyped, which I agree with. Some fans are pretty pissed off.

Big Pete

Referee
He's been playing kooky characters ever since he left television.

He played a good 'straight' character in Gilbert Grape. He carried Secret Window too, which is what made me a fan.

Bazzi

First Grade
Man on a Ledge, pretty good movie. Hadn't heard much about it beforehand, so didn't have any expectations heading in to it.

Bretto

Bench
Bad-Ass - Terrible. Poor fighting, worse acting, deplorable script.

Iron Sky - Stupid premise made worse by bad acting and a myriad of plot holes. It's not funny either.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Watched the Darkest Hour about killer alien electricity or some shit. Sadly even a lack of electricity wouldn't have saved me from this film as it was on a portable dvd player.

On Prometheus, there is absolutely no way that movie can't be overhyped. Unless every single box (plot, acting, pacing, soundtrack, visuals etc) are a 9 or 10 out of 10 it's overhyped. I'll be watching it but the hype machine has been in full swing on this one for some time.

natheel

Coach
God bless America

Dark comedy about a guy who can't stand the reality tv shows and shit that portraysnamericans to be dumbarses so goes on a killing rampage

Chook Norris

First Grade
MIB III - was surprisingly okay actually. Expected it to be absolute shit but it wasn't. If you enjoyed the previous two then i think you'll be content with this one

simostorm

Bench
Superman Returns.. Enjoyed it.. I thought he was a pretty good superman.. they should have made some more superman movies with that guy..

Karl

Juniors
Stumbled across a movie called Battle for Terra. Good for kids. Scarily similar to Avatar in terms of plot.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Project X, funniest movie I have watched since superbad.

Although Im not really into comedies, I found it funny.

:lol::lol:

Project X should go down as one of the worst movies in history. I was subjected to it at a mates house, I must admit, I lost a little respect for said mate, I'm not quite sure our friendship will ever be the same.

I don't know how you could call it a 'comedy'. More like a 13 year olds wet dream, that is still too stupid for a 13 year old. It isn't even worthy of a 1/10, but I guess it's designed for fools who enjoy the likes of jersey shore.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Project X should go down as one of the worst movies in history. I was subjected to it at a mates house, I must admit, I lost a little respect for said mate, I'm not quite sure our friendship will ever be the same.

I don't know how you could call it a 'comedy'. More like a 13 year olds wet dream, that is still too stupid for a 13 year old. It isn't even worthy of a 1/10, but I guess it's designed for fools who enjoy the likes of jersey shore.

you seem surprised and thus must be unfamiliar with xfactor...

Eddie Lab

Juniors
watched The Core the other night. it was wonderfully bad, like an old school cheap sci fi movie.

love cheap movies like that.

Downfall.
Caught the last 40 odd minutes last night.
Missed the parody scene.
lot of self inflicted death at the end.

Feel good movie of the year lol

Downfall.
Caught the last 40 odd minutes last night.
Missed the parody scene.
lot of self inflicted death at the end.

Feel good movie of the year lol

natheel

Coach
That's my boy

Umm typical sander movie cheap laughs. I genuinely laughed a bit in this movie, but it's typical dumb humour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts