What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying avengers was too cheesy or forced in parts need to think a bit. Let's be honest what marvel movie has ever not been cheesy or forced in some degree? The only comic book movies that can pass as serious and dark is batman.

It's about a vigilante who is also a billionaire wanting to make the city good

Avengers and shit are about people who somehow become super heroes or they're Demi-gods, old world war veterans who was the very first superhero and someone who goes massive and green when he's mad, I mean come on guys how can you even make that into a serious movie without being cheesy or forced? And too me that's what makes these movies. It's just leave your brain at the door type stuff

Movies I've seen lately

Safe - Jason statham, surprised me actually quite enjoyed it

Woman in black - eh
You don't read many comics.

Men In Black 3...

3/5

good kids movie.

dosnt need to be in 3d.

whilst the first movie was original in its concept, this one was you took the shell of MIB, you insert the premice of Terminator but with aliens and then throw in a bit of starwars at the end.

Chook Norris

First Grade
American pie reunion - pretty damn funny and nostalgic. Probably what most of what the original fans of the movie would've wanted. Plot is never all that strong with the movie.. and suggestions that the chemistry between the characters isn't what it used to be is probably correct.

But i laffed and loved it for what it was. 7/10

MSIH

Bench
Man on a ledge. I liked it, I'm a Worthington fan and that Genesis bird is the most attractive thing I've ever seen. Painfully attractive.

vvvrulz

Coach
The Dictator - surprisingly great, much better than Borat. 7.5/10
MIB 3 - better plot and a great performance from Brolin, but short on laughs. 7/10

Project X, funniest movie I have watched since superbad.

Although Im not really into comedies, I found it funny.

:lol::lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Project X was practically one scene of Superbad extended for 80 minutes.

And I thought Superbad was one of Apatow's worst productions.

Never going to get that time back.

Rango can be added to the list of recently good animated films. Don't think it really stood out per say and there were some aspects I didn't care for but the animation was crisp, some of the voice acting was spot on & the movie was well paced. Sick of seeing Depp in these fish out of water productions though.

Mader45

Juniors
I laughed my as off at Superbad. I didnt laugh once during Project X.

Jesus christ that Costa guy did a really good job of playing Jonah Hill without any of his likeable traits.

I know Project X was supposed to be a comedy. Im just not sure at what point anything was supposed to be funny. It was either kids just talking like kids or completely over the top unrealistic as f#ck bull$hit.

Big Pete

Referee
Mader45 said:
Jesus christ that Costa guy did a really good job of playing Jonah Hill without any of his likeable traits.

Those would be?

Only time I've tolerated Jonah is when he's had to star in a bio-pic.

Project X was practically one scene of Superbad extended for 80 minutes.

And I thought Superbad was one of Apatow's worst productions.

Never going to get that time back.

Rango can be added to the list of recently good animated films. Don't think it really stood out per say and there were some aspects I didn't care for but the animation was crisp, some of the voice acting was spot on & the movie was well paced. Sick of seeing Depp in these fish out of water productions though.

I laughed my as off at Superbad. I didnt laugh once during Project X.

I know Project X was supposed to be a comedy. Im just not sure at what point anything was supposed to be funny. It was either kids just talking like kids or completely over the top unrealistic as f#ck bull$hit.

I guess we have a different sense of humour.

Although I don't really watch many comedies....

Jono078

Referee
Memento.

I really liked it, Guy Pearce is an underrated and under used actor in Hollywood.

I hate how it made me think so much about the movie when I feel it should be simple enough to understand.

Munky

Coach
Prometheus

Saw it at a preview screening on Friday with a mate who won tickets.

Was good without being great IMO.

The equivalent of the chest burster scene is a bit gruesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts