What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just finished Lincoln in my push to see all of the Oscar contenders. Has to be my new front-runner. Wonderful film. Day-Lewis is unrecognisable. Arguably one of the most seamless performances you'll ever see.

9.75/10

MSIH

Bench
Just watched Seven Psychopaths. Massive disappointment, very underwhelming. I was expecting so much more from the guy who directed In Bruges.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Still making my way through the Oscar contenders.

Just watched Beasts of the Southern Wild. Just a remarkable, completely different, and fascinating film. I can't decide whether I loved it or was just intrigued by it. Just... so unusual.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Just snared a copy of Zero Dark Thirty, the controversial movie of the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden.

Probably a nasty cam job and an American propaganda vehicle.

Will report back in a few days with a review.

snoozer

Bench
Recuperating after surgery.

Seen on DVD

The Club. Good Aussie film( despite being centred round Aussie rules)
The life of Brian And The holy grail. (Seen both heaps. Was watching the docco on the history of python which got me interested again)
Rango and Up. Rango was the better of those.

Got out of the house today and went to "The Hobbit". Was a bit longish but entirely enjoyable. For a movie called "The Hobbit" it had really only had 1 hobbit in it which was a redeeming feature.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Pretty sure there was no capturing of Osama...just the killing part.

Zero Dark Thirty goes for a whopping 2 hr 36 mins. The copy I got is perfect except for low audio level - definitely not a cam job at all. Watched half only by falling asleep from fatigue, not boredom.

This movie seems to demand 110% attention of the viewer. It's very complex and I can't comment further until I see the whole lot.

Misanthrope

Staff member
About to start watching that myself, but might hold off since I'm tired and have a buzz on.

Rango and Up. Rango was the better of those.

Things that nobody has said. Ever.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Zero Dark Thirty goes for a whopping 2 hr 36 mins. The copy I got is perfect except for low audio level - definitely not a cam job at all. Watched half only by falling asleep from fatigue, not boredom.

This movie seems to demand 110% attention of the viewer. It's very complex and I can't comment further until I see the whole lot.

SPOILER ALERT!

Osama dies

Status
Not open for further replies.