What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Watch was ok. I only watched it to see Richard Aoyade, who produced most of the best lines.

It was abysmally written though.

Ted was great.

I'm gonna watch Seven Psychopath's tonight

Springs

First Grade
Django Unchained was brilliant. 9/10 and his best since Pulp Fiction in my opinion.

Looked up Movie 43 and... well I don't even see a point in a movie like that, let alone one they spent several years on.

BDR

First Grade
I think Django was better than Inglorious Basterds, but it does a lot of the same things. The only reason I think I liked it better is because I really like the Western feel. Also DiCaprio chewed scenery like few other actors have this year, his performance was great.

Got lucky enough to be invited to an advance screening of Zero Dark Thirty tonight. Looking forward to seeing if it lives up to the acclaim.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
movie 43 looks like a steaming pile of shit.

The most expensive, time consuming piece of shit film ever made.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Django was better than Inglorious Basterds, but it does a lot of the same things. The only reason I think I liked it better is because I really like the Western feel. Also DiCaprio chewed scenery like few other actors have this year, his performance was great.

Got lucky enough to be invited to an advance screening of Zero Dark Thirty tonight. Looking forward to seeing if it lives up to the acclaim.
To be honest, DiCaprio and Waltz carried this movie fantastically.

It also explains why people fell out of love with it in the end.

I also liked Samuel L Jackson's role. That negotiation scene at the dinner table is the film's peak.

Storm13

Juniors
I watched it last night, please explain the shark suit scene to me, my brain switched off at that point

lol greatest scene ever :sarcasm:

No reason why he couldn't block the hole in the hose with one hand and turn the power off with the other :crazy:

BDR

First Grade
I also read that the role of Django was originally offered to Will Smith. That would have been classic Tarantino casting, and I really wish he could have made it happen.

Mader45

Juniors
lol greatest scene ever :sarcasm:

No reason why he couldn't block the hole in the hose with one hand and turn the power off with the other :crazy:

His mission was to turn the electricity off before it reached the water. He had to go underwater to reach the electricity box.......

Logic was never gonna be an issue with this movie.

Parra

Referee
I also read that the role of Django was originally offered to Will Smith. That would have been classic Tarantino casting, and I really wish he could have made it happen.

Can't recall Will Smith in any decent role. Or any decent movie. Samuel L Jackson was awesome again in Django and Foxx was spot on as well. Casting Will Smith would be like casting Michael J Fox and Ted Danson instead of Di Caprio and Waltz.

Storm13

Juniors
Can't recall Will Smith in any decent role. Or any decent movie. Samuel L Jackson was awesome again in Django and Foxx was spot on as well. Casting Will Smith would be like casting Michael J Fox and Ted Danson instead of Di Caprio and Waltz.

Have not seen the movie but who's role would Kevin Costner had if he didn't bail out at the last minute?

Storm13

Juniors
His mission was to turn the electricity off before it reached the water. He had to go underwater to reach the electricity box.......

Logic was never gonna be an issue with this movie.

Who needs logic when you can make your own underwater iron man suit with can food and all.

BDR

First Grade

Tarantino has a way of cleverly subverting an actor's typical roles. Jamie Foxx was good but I think seeing Smith, who is usually a white-friendly comedic/action actor, would have been great for the role. It's difficult to explain, but Jamie Foxx plays a lot of roles where he is the downtrodden black man. It would have been interesting to see Smith in that kind of role for the first time in his career. I also don't think he is any worse of an actor than Foxx - see his performances in Ali and Pursuit of Happyness.

I also liked the Samuel L. Jackson role, although I would have liked to see much more out of him.

BDR

First Grade
Just got back from Zero Dark Thirty. I don't know if it's because I'm not American, but I really don't think it was anything special. The plot is very simplistic, it presents some interesting themes but seems to deliberately sidestep going into them deeply. Overall it was a good movie and very well made, but just nowhere near the best of the last 12 months. I also thought it wasn't anywhere near as good as The Hurt Locker. Chastain was terrific though. she does an amazing job of transforming her style as the character evolves.

The film is terrific at building tension and does some great things, but I really don't understand the effusive praise... I still think Beasts of the Southern Wild is the best film I saw in the last 12 months. This movie doesn't come close IMO. I hate to say it but I think a lot of the praise is coming from the fact that it portrays events and themes that are important to America and Americans. I don't think it stands up well on it's own. Just my two cents.

Mader45

Juniors
Bait was the highest grossing Aussie movie last year. Made $40mil. Mostly in the Chinese market.

If the Aussie film industry takes this as incentive then expect our movies to be Aussie cliche stereotypes in the dumbest circumstances imaginable from now on.

Theyve already done a ginormous croc in Rogue. Maybe its time for Lucas Heights to have a melt down and psycho mutant koalas and kangaroos to go on the rampage.

Coaster

Bench
Bait was the highest grossing Aussie movie last year. Made $40mil. Mostly in the Chinese market.

If the Aussie film industry takes this as incentive then expect our movies to be Aussie cliche stereotypes in the dumbest circumstances imaginable from now on.

Theyve already done a ginormous croc in Rogue. Maybe its time for Lucas Heights to have a melt down and psycho mutant koalas and kangaroos to go on the rampage.

Drop bears the revenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.