What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Gangster squad. Very good film. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Josh broken was awesome as was Sean penn. gosling was ok more there for the love side of it with Emma stone

Misanthrope

Staff member
Quite liked Django Unchained. Very enjoyable, but not sure of its rewatch value. Dug the random Aussie contribution.

Parra

Referee
Moneyball. Just watched it randomly on TV with no preconceptions at all. Really enjoyed it, one of the better sports-based movies out there. Very solid drama with no superstar moments or overplayed roles. Anyone interesting in pro sport and the evolution of professionalism should enjoy this.

Fire

First Grade
Ordered the Batman Trilogy before Christmas. It arrived last week and I was surprised at how awesome they were (as I usually don't like/watch that comic book stuff).

10/10.

natheel

Coach
Django unchained. Enjoyed it. Decaprio did a good job as did waltz! Good movie. Not tarantinos best but good nonetheless

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gangster Squad

Tad cliched in parts, but the performances from the cast made it enjoyable. Sean Penn was especially good, and Josh Brolin, I thought, was brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyable.

The Human Centipede 2 - f**king.. yuck..

Chernobyl Diaries - Wasn't too bad.. Kind of like the hills have eyes but in Chernobyl.. not as f**ked up and gory as the hills have eyes though.

Earl

Coach
Saw Ls Miserales last night.

Was OK. The story was decent, but i could have done without them singing the entire time.

Russell Crowe is gay.

Parra

Referee
Saw Ls Miserales last night.

Was OK. The story was decent, but i could have done without them singing the entire time.

Russell Crowe is gay.

Sounds exactly like watching it in a theatre. I'll save myself the time.

Parra

Referee
Django unchained. Enjoyed it. Decaprio did a good job as did waltz! Good movie. Not tarantinos best but good nonetheless

He often looks too young for the characters he portrays. For me, as good as he is, this was one of those times. He really seemed to be cast correctly in Gangs of New York and The Departed and Inception. Could be spot on for The Great Gatsby as well.

axl rose

Bench
Lincon- couldn't imagine a more boring political film, unless they make one on Peter Costello.

The Hobbit- liked it, dragged a bit but who didn't expect that.

Big Pete

Referee
I saw Silver Linings Playbook.

Good fun, but the Oscar nomination set my expectations too high. In the end, it played out a bit too conventionally and conveniently for my liking.

Wish it had stayed truer to the book too. It's a lot more sincere and dynamic than the movie is.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw Django Unchained a few nights ago. 8.5/10. Pretty enjoyable.

Saw Lockout last night. Pretty standard cheesy sci-fi, but Guy Pearce was fantastic. I'd love to see him play a wise-cracking action hero type in a movie that didn't bomb.

natheel

Coach
Watched silver linings just then. Like big Pete said the nominations/win atthe awards set my expectations high. Though Bradley cooper did a great job as did Robert di Nero, Jennifer Lawrence is growing as an actress and the sooner she pisses the stupid hunger games off the better she will be for it. Hunger games got her name out there in masses but now she can make a name for herself as she actually has talent unlike some of the others in HG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts