What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are the three guys you go to when looking for passable singers? Jesus, might as well through Pierce Brosnan in there :crazy:

----

Loved Looper. Really good bit of sci-fi.
No, those are 3 guys better than Crowe for that role.

Earl

Coach
Just saw The Hobbit. Thoroughly enjoyed it, although for whats its worth I never read the novel.

Did anyone else think JGL has had a nose job or was wearing a prosthetic nose in Looper or something? He looked really different from in TDKR

Yeah the make up artists spent a lot of time on him each day to make him look like willis. He needed a bigger nose, different ears and apparently his eyebrows were too high.

bileduct

Coach
Compliance.

Just like the Milgram experiment, Compliance is a true story of the willingness of individuals to obey others whom they (wrongly) perceive to be a person of authority.

Throughout the entire film I found it extremely hard to believe that the people in this film, including the victim, would perform the actions they did. I was very surprised to learn afterwards that not only were the events depicted based on a true story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_search_prank_call_scam#Mount_Washington.2C_Kentucky.2C_incident), the writers took very few liberties and presented pretty much a factual account of events.

Very interesting look at human psychology.

axl rose

Bench
Keep an eye out for Joseph Gordon Levitt CH, he's an actor on the rise.

This Is 40.
To get a comedic flow going while the drama is mostly half-baked and not well thought out.

The film felt more like a draft then a final film. It couldn't make up it's mind whether we were supposed to dislike this couple or like and relate to them. There are just a lot of mixed signals at play and it just never quite settles into anything worth enjoying.

It's a shame because casting alone should have made it at least worth a watch but ultimately the film isn't worth the 2 hour+ run time.

Would have to agree, just didn't quite work. Was there any point to both the Fathers in this movie? Would have been better off going for a sequel with Ben and Alison or at least throwing them in here somewhere.

natheel

Coach
Les miserable...and no that's not a typo. Hated it. Got dragged along to it by the inlaws birthday...fell asleep

Big Sam

First Grade
Les miserable...and no that's not a typo. Hated it. Got dragged along to it by the inlaws birthday...fell asleep

Really? I quite enjoyed and I usually avoid musical films like the plague. I even found Rusty's 'singing' to be bearable.

Fire

First Grade
The Son of No One.

Pretty shit.

But, Tracy Morgan played a small, serious part in it and nailed it like a lot of comedians do (i.e., Billy Connolly, Robin Williams, and Adam Sandler).

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Django Unchained...

Wow. Just wow. Tarantino's best ever flick IMO, awesome from start to finish. Done in true Tarantino style, plenty of nods to old films, plenty of style and sharp dialog. 9/10.

Someone

Bench
Django Unchained...

Wow. Just wow. Tarantino's best ever flick IMO, awesome from start to finish. Done in true Tarantino style, plenty of nods to old films, plenty of style and sharp dialog. 9/10.

pretty keen to see this. oh and killing them softly.

Parra

Referee
Django Unchained...

Lots of homage. I can't say it was his best, but in saying that it is a very watchable and entertaining film. Again Waltz puts in an amazing performance. I suppose I was after a true spaghetti western, and I had watched The Good, The Bad & The Ugly for the umpteenth time only a day earlier. In that regard I missed the tension and the subtlety, the minimal dialogue. The opening credits were promising in this regard. I suppose it's like comparing Kill Bill to the classic kung-fu movies. All that nitpicking aside it was a great story with unique gun fights. Anyone interested will not be disappointed at all. Jamie Foxx is awesome. The aussie cowboys, including Tarantino, best forgotten.

bileduct

Coach
Hercules Returns.

I laughed so f**king hard through this! A friend at work put me onto this otherwise I would never have known this twenty year old Australian gem exists. Easily one of the funniest movie experiences I have ever had. Very clever.

Mader45

Juniors
So Hercules Returns still stands the test of time?

Awesome!

Aside from Ace Ventura, that is the only other movie I remember watching with my family growing up that everyone absolutely pissed themselves laughing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts