What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched Nightmare On Elm Street 2 on VHS last night (we've got a lot of VHS vids at the flat, yuss!!!!!). Good times. Love the freaky dogs with human baby faces.

As for current movies, saw Good Day To Die Hard the other day. Just cannot buy this as a Die Hard movie, rather it just feels like a by-the-numbers-action movie featuring Bruce Willis who just so happens to be playing a guy called John McClane. Entertaining enough in a switch-off-your-brain kinda way, but disappointing when taking previous movies in the series into account (I felt similarly about the previous Die Hard as well, though enjoyed that more I think).

At least he says Yippie-Kie-Yay Motherf**ker this time (instead of Yippie-Kie-Yay-Mother-*GUNGOESBANGcensor*)

Earl

Coach
Saw Django the other day for the first time.

I'm not a Tarantino fan but I enjoyed this movie.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Saw The Shining for the 1st time the other day. Was very good and creepy, despite the fact I kept thinking about the Simpsons Halloween takeoff of it during certain scenes.

Danish

Referee
Saw Django the other day for the first time.

I'm not a Tarantino fan but I enjoyed this movie.

Watched it for the first time last night.

I liked it, although I thought the last 15 mins or so the whole thing just collapsed in on itself (sort of like Inglourious bastards). Ultimately I reckon you could have cut it down to under 2 hours and not missed anything.

I can see myself just watching all the Christoph Waltz scenes and skipping the rest when watching this in future. Same thing I do when watching the Dark Knight with Heath Ledger

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Decided to watch Salo the other day.

Pretty weird.

Was it the uncut version? If so, it was an eye opener. If you like strange and violent European films, try the following:-

Irreversible
A Serbian Film
Sweet Movie

Enjoy - they're not for the faint hearted in the uncut form.

HowHigh

Coach
Just watched Argo, really ejoyed it.
First movie in a while I haven't had a break during it and gone for a smoke or had a quick browse of the net, watched it from start to finish.

Argo f**k yourself

IanG

Coach
Saw Save Your Legs tonight. That's now the 3rd production I've seen with Ryan O'Kane playing a cricketer. Hope for his sake he likes cricket cause at this rate he'll get typecast

Misanthrope

Staff member
Rewatched The Hangover Part II last night. Still enjoyable, even if it isn't as good as the original.

Frederick

Staff member
Finally got around to watching Django Unchained.

Loved it. Loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it.

Quentin > every other director

Iafeta

Referee
Just watched Argo, really ejoyed it.
First movie in a while I haven't had a break during it and gone for a smoke or had a quick browse of the net, watched it from start to finish.

Argo f**k yourself

Agreed. I know that Argo's been criticised by some for the historical inaccuracies (such as that the Poms and Kiwis never turned away the Americans, that the US never attempted to stop the plan while the operative was in Iran, that the whole airport thing is somewhat over dramatised), but none the less what it did for me was make me very interested in the whole situation. What a crazy situation, and what a creative ploy to get through it. Robert Baer, a former CIA, has written some brilliant books on the battles with terrorism and the Middle East, some that the Americans have put black lines through segments for areas that are clearly classified - its extremely interesting. Apparently the Argo operative has written a few books, and Argo has made me want to get his book(s) to learn more about what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.