What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iafeta

Referee
Django.

I find any part of a Tarantino film without dialogue or tension so boring. His montages and lengthy transitions are sleep inducing.

But as soon as they start talking... its absolutely beautiful.

The baghead scene was probably the most ive laughed at a film in years.

That scene is tops... "Don't ask for nothing from me or mine ever again!" I've written in white text so as to not spoil it for people another top scene below.. (highlight over)

I like the scene at the end too... "Say goodbye to Miss Laura..." "Do what now?" "Say goodbye to Miss Laura.." "Bye Miss Laura.." BOOM!

Springs

First Grade
Really?

I thought it was really poor, but this is coming from a massive in bruges fan. I just couldn't get into it. Some of the dialogue was great, most I felt was contrived. I must admit I went in with pretty high expectations, so that may have added to my criticism, but I honestly have no desire to watch it again.

I thought it was great, so did my friends and it was quite well received.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Most recent movies seen at the cinema this past month :

- Seven Psychopaths : Really enjoyed it, found it to be bloody funny, particularly Sam Rockwell. He rules. Haven't seen In Bruges so didn't have any pre-conceived expectations, which sounds like a good thing based on others comments, so looking forward to finally watching that as well.

- Gangster Squad : Entertaining enough, but probably won't watch it again. Sean Penn's character is so ridiculously over the top (and conversely, Ryan Gosling's character so ridiculously smooth) it was a bit too cheesy to properly get into. Brolin is really good at playing the grizzled tough guy now, totally different side of the spectrum to 'Brand' (he'll always be Brand!)

- The Impossible : Invited by a mate to watch this (he was interested as he had visited the area of Thailand this film was set in), not something I'd normally pay to go to, and to be fair probably won't watch again either. There were some emotional scenes (particularly in the direct aftermath of the Tsunami), but also some classic Hollywood overwrought cheesiness (if you heard your name being called in a situation where you're trying to find your family, would you wait for 10 seconds then turn around in dramatically slow fashion?). Naomi Watts once again gets her tits out (what percentage of her films is that now?) though not in a very glamorous way, so kudos for that lolwinkysmileyface

- Django Unchained : Like others I was quite entertained, though not as much as I was for Inglourious Basterds. The bag scene was hilarious, but the way it cut to it almost seemed like it had just changed to an entirely different film. The scene towards the end with the Aussies was just strange, it took me a while to realise they weren't just speaking in really bad American accents!

Also, have seen the trailer for Movie 43 a couple of times now, and it's still hilarious. Seeing as it is apparently supposed to be contender for the worst film ever made, I think I'll just not watch it and keep my appreciation of the trailer intact.

Mader45

Juniors
That scene is tops... "Don't ask for nothing from me or mine ever again!" I've written in white text so as to not spoil it for people another top scene below.. (highlight over)

I like the scene at the end too...

That end scene made me wonder if that was the only reason the sister was in it. It also looks like Tarantino had to do a rewrite and the mine scenes were canned so the scene with him was last minute. It seemed a little rushed compared to the rest of the story. I heard heaps of roles were cut at the last minute due to schedule conflicts.

Oh and how awesome was Samuel L Jackson!

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
SLJ was tops. That Uncle Tom act was extrarodinarily annoying. He played it brilliantly. Loved what Django does with him though.

natheel

Coach
Saw Hansel and Gretel last night if you go to this please leave ya brain at the door! Not a bad movie but in no way a great movie. Just a bit of silly fun

Mader45

Juniors
This is 40.

I thought i would hate this movies guts. And i think most people will. But being a selfish and immature asshole it was quite weird to watch a relationship very similar to mine in a film.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Flight.

Was pretty good. Makes you want to avoid air travel for a while. A little bit drawn out but a solid film.

MSIH

Bench
Really?

I thought it was really poor, but this is coming from a massive in bruges fan. I just couldn't get into it. Some of the dialogue was great, most I felt was contrived. I must admit I went in with pretty high expectations, so that may have added to my criticism, but I honestly have no desire to watch it again.

Agreed, 100%.

LESStar58

Referee
quentin tarantino should be made to apologise to australia for that accent

Yeah it was terrible but I think the fact that Jarrett featured makes up for it.

I've said it before and i'll say it again; there's 2 quintessential Aussie knockabout lads of cinemea; Pando and Mick Taylor. Bless you John Jarrett you winner!

LESStar58

Referee
Just got back from Zero Dark Thirty. I don't know if it's because I'm not American, but I really don't think it was anything special. The plot is very simplistic, it presents some interesting themes but seems to deliberately sidestep going into them deeply. Overall it was a good movie and very well made, but just nowhere near the best of the last 12 months. I also thought it wasn't anywhere near as good as The Hurt Locker. Chastain was terrific though. she does an amazing job of transforming her style as the character evolves.

The film is terrific at building tension and does some great things, but I really don't understand the effusive praise... I still think Beasts of the Southern Wild is the best film I saw in the last 12 months. This movie doesn't come close IMO. I hate to say it but I think a lot of the praise is coming from the fact that it portrays events and themes that are important to America and Americans. I don't think it stands up well on it's own. Just my two cents.

But, but, but.... JESSICA CHASTAIN!

snoozer

Bench
searching for sugarman

great documentary.anyone who likes Rodriguez it's a must. if you dont know him you'll enjoy the story.

Mader45

Juniors
Cabin in the woods

Horror film written by Joss Whedon. He cant refrain from nerdy humour enough to make it scary. But still decent movie.

Mader45

Juniors
Dredd

Imagine if Hollywood made The Raid: Redemption. And the lead character was a c**k head. You got Dredd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts