What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nöyd

Staff member
a good day to die... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i woke up just in time to see old mate get smacked by helicopter blades

i really want to like it but as someone said before, if it's main characters weren't John McClane Sr. & Jr. you wouldn't have known it was a die hard flick

for the record, in order of best to worst:

1. Die Hard (now i have a machine gun - ho ho ho...)
2. Die Hard With A Vengeance (do i look motherf**kin puerto rican to you?...)
3. Die Harder (you can have 2 words - f**k and you...)

and the last 2 can duke it out for the spoon

Misanthrope

Staff member
Introduced my girlfriend to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. God, I love this movie. One of the best depictions of an adult relationship in film.

urban eel

Juniors
so do i have to list the movies in Alphabetical or chronological?

also i have watched a few training and educational movies. so i have to list these also?

axl rose

Bench
a good day to die... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i woke up just in time to see old mate get smacked by helicopter blades

Horribly average film. Your order is about right, though id go for Vengeance as no.1. Die Hard 2 gets a bad rap, I liked it far more than the last two. Some great quotes you have there from the earlier films.

The best they could do for this film was "I'm on vacation!

sigh.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Saw 'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone'.

A few decent laughs. Jim Carrey with a good pisstake of all those David Blaine-type magicians.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
New G.I Joe

Zzzzzzzzzz

Yeah saw this the other day, was enjoyable enough for a turn-off-your-brain action movie, but nothing special. I didn't see the first one, so some of the characters and reveals didn't really gel with me. The blind black guy was just strange.

Watched Rise Of The Zombies last night (with Danny Trejo and what appears to be the INCOMINGMESSAGEFROMTHEBIGGIANTHEAD-guy from 3rd Rock From The Sun). So cheesy, such terrible acting, but that's what made it enjoyable. Not recommended though, hehe.

Cabin In The Woods on the menu to watch in next couple of days, looking forward to finally seeing what some of the fuss was about.

Also, The Hobbit is still playing at The Embassy here in Wellington (the 3D HFR version only), maybe I should go watch that as well over this long weekend, even though I went to midnight screenings on opening night for all three LOTR films, I just haven't had the desire to go watch The Hobbit for some weird reason.

Mader45

Juniors
Searching For Sugarman. In the 70's this Hispanic guy with an amazing voice akin to Bob Dylan released two albums that went nowhere in the U.S. Unbeknowst to anyone in the U.S, including him, he became a national icon in South Africa along the scale of Elvis Presley. This doco traces some South Africans searching for him (Urban legend was he killed himself so no one had tried previously) and enlightening him to his incredible success 25 years later.

Springs

First Grade
28 Days Later - 7.5/10

Let Me In - 8.5/10
Surprisingly good for an American remake.

Hellsing Ultimate V-VIII - 9.10
Wonderful Anime series

Also, the Carrie remake's trailer looked promising.

Springs

First Grade
The Grey - 8/10

Trailers f**ked this movie. Actually a brilliant movie about loss and survival and what value life has in the face of certain death. Fantastic porrtayal of how the outcasts of society working in the waste of Alaska see their own lives. Ottway's monologue at the beginning is outstanding as is Diaz's development near the end. 'Drill all day, get drunk all night, that's my life? No, that right there, I feel that's all for me'.
Too bad the trailers made it look like Taken with wolves.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Django Nnchained - Typical Tarrantino, overly dialogued, overly long, overly bloody but still pretty entertaining.

Taken 2 - Not as good as the original but still pretty bad ass. Neeson is just a great actor and can carry pretty much anything.

Argo - Brilliant movie. Perfect blend of drama, wit and realism.

Springs

First Grade
Moonrise Kingdom - 8.5/10

Hilarious Wes Anderson film. Bruce Willis playing a cop very much against his typecast.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Watched Two Little Boys the other day. The one with Hamish Blake and Bret Mackenzie from flight of the conchords. Was surprisingly dark and genuinely enjoyed Blake playing a semi serious role.

Mader45

Juniors
Silver Linings Playbook. Starts off as a drama. Ends as a romance. Neither is done particularly well. But it was watchable i guess

Jono078

Referee
Django Unchained - so awesome! I had read many times how good it was but I was never particularly pumped for it.

But wowie was it good! Some awesome humor in it too which surprised me.

natheel

Coach
After a night out in Vegas crawled back to our room and flicked the tv on and watched warm bodies (out in australia now I think) actually enjoyed it. Nick Holt is turning into a good actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.