What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

First Grade
The OSS 117 "franchise"

They are French subtitled films, but f**k me, they are funny as all hell.

Highly recommended.

Springs

First Grade
Amour: 8/10
Sad film about an old couple. Reminded me of my grandmother's downward spiral which made it a bit hard.

Chinatown: 8/10
Engrossing film with a dark outlook.

Cabin in the Woods: 7.5/10
Funny pisstake on the horror genre.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Watched this one last night - first time in a while. Still know it like the back of my hand :)

glimmer.jpg

Dragon2010

First Grade
Iron Man 3: 2/10

I was dissapointed beyond belief at this movie. It's just a slap-stick. Non-stop pathetic jokes, the villain I found dissapointing to. I'd say more but don't want to spoil it for anyone. I expected better. Worse of the lot to be honest.

Cool things? The MK42 suit, RDJ, Happy.

natheel

Coach
Iron man 3: not bad. Pretty much what I expected cheesy hero movie but that's all you want from them isn't it? RDJ is awesome though. The villain thing I saw coming to be honest

Zoidberg

First Grade
The Social Network. Never seen it before and it was quite good. 7.5/10.
However I actually thought it would be a bit more accurate with the facts.

Springs

First Grade
Olympus Has Fallen: 7.5/10 Quite entertaining for what I thought would be a derivative action film.
500 Days of Summer: 8/10 Great romantic comedy from a guy's point of view dealing with a manipulative girl.
The Iron Giant: 8.5/10 Brilliant animated film with a great message.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Iron Man 3

Not sure what everyone is whinging about when it comes to this movie. Sure its a bit unbelievable and over the top but its a comic book movie so such things are not only expected but encouraged. RDJ was superb and the comical lines were slotted in nicely.

Thoroughly enjoyed it

Springs

First Grade
Sunshine - 9/10
An amazing film. Wonderful atmosphere, no cliches, no stereotypes, no all American action hero save the world bullshit. Brilliant.

Dragon2010

First Grade
The Raid: Redemption 8/10- It's an Indonesian action film. It's foreign language with subtitles. Bloody unreal film. None of that typical Holywood over the tob garbage they manage to turn action movies into with over used actors like Tom Cruise. Just pure action. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Sunshine - 9/10
An amazing film. Wonderful atmosphere, no cliches, no stereotypes, no all American action hero save the world bullshit. Brilliant.

Agreed. Very under appreciated film.

Just back from Star Trek into darkness....wow. Easy 9/10. Favourite film so far this year. As mentioned, Bennidict Cumberpatch as John Harrison is amazing. Funny, great action, emotional, mysterious ooohh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts