What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Oblivion. 7.5/10. Wasn't expecting too much but it was a really good movie I thought. Unfortunately you kinda get the twist (gist) of it in the trailers.
Visually,pretty amazing. Nothing new action wise but its more a sci-if than action.

nöyd

Staff member
Olympus Has Fallen

Over the top formulaic stupid f**king American chest-beating back-slapping USA! USA! USA! chanting overacting-leading-man violent blood spattered knife-to-the-brain romp.

I f**king loved it.

flame away if it makes you feel better, i don't care. mindless violence, swearing, bloodshed, gun play, knife play, all with hollywood gloss of course, perfect escapism for a couple of hours, no doubt one of it's main target demographics would have been in my age range, and it worked for me.

obvious comparisons will be drawn to Die Hard and Air Force One, i think this one holds it's own for what it is meant to be, an old fashioned blokes action film.

8/10 - grab some popcorn, leave your missus at home and relax for a while.

Springs

First Grade
Attack of the Clones: 3/10 Awful. Worse than The Phantom Menace in my opinion. So cheesy, the hammiest dialogue. And I'm supposed to believe that idiot becomes Darth Vader?

Revenge of the Sith: 7/10 A lot better. Actually watchable and I enjoyed the ending.

Return of the Jedi: 6/10 Scenes with Darth Vader were great but the rest was mediocre. Rather an anticlimax compared to the last one in my opinion.

Dawn of the Dead (2004): 6/10 Pretty generic remake. Fast zombies just don't do it for me here. Worked in 28 Days Later but not here.

The new die hard 0.3 / 10

Seriously...is this not one of ten worst movies of all time? Absolutely horrible. Terrible acting, story that made little sense and some mega cheese...and that is just the beginning of my issues with it

Yuck yuck yuck

Springs

First Grade
We Bought a Zoo: 7/10 Pleasantly surprised. Scarlet Johanssen isn't as annoying when she isn't a super serious russian spy trying to keep up with superheroes. Quite a heartwarming movie.

IanG

Coach
Saw Iron Man 3 Last night.
Along with Escape From Planet Earth and The Croods as a Triple Feature

mackdadday

Juniors
Watched the Incredible Burt Wonderstone last night. Steve Buscemi and Steve Carrell versus Jim Carrey in a Vegas magician off :) Definitely worth a watch.

Saw Warm Bodies at the cinema a week ago and absolutely recommend it to anybody. Very different take on the old zombie apocolypse

Zoidberg

First Grade
Can just imagine IanG sitting there by himself, watching 2 kiddie films, giggling to himself, eating a bucket of popcorn, concerned parents glancing over at him worriedly.

Frederick

Staff member
IanG doesn't go on his own...

smiling-goat.jpeg

Generalzod

Immortal
Attack of the Clones: 3/10 Awful. Worse than The Phantom Menace in my opinion. So cheesy, the hammiest dialogue. And I'm supposed to believe that idiot becomes Darth Vader?

Revenge of the Sith: 7/10 A lot better. Actually watchable and I enjoyed the ending.

Return of the Jedi: 6/10 Scenes with Darth Vader were great but the rest was mediocre. Rather an anticlimax compared to the last one in my opinion.

Dawn of the Dead (2004): 6/10 Pretty generic remake. Fast zombies just don't do it for me here. Worked in 28 Days Later but not here.

You'll find this review quite entertaining:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

Mader45

Juniors
Saw Movie 43. Well... the first 20 minutes. It really is that bad. So so bad.

The Last Stand - the older Arnie gets it looks like the less he can act. Feel like there was a good movie here and they messed it up.

Springs

First Grade
Law Abiding Citizen: 6.5/10
Not a bad film but a rather generic action film. Enjoyed the take on the justice system it portrayed.

War Horse: 7/10
It's pretty good but nowhere near Spielberg's best. Boring in places. Worth a watch but not a best picture nomination in my opinion.

Iron Man 3: 7.5/10
Worthy addition to the Marvel series. Better than Iron Man 2, pretty funny as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.