What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
just got through a few I hadn't seen off a mates hard drive

Source Code - pretty good, pretty original concept, 7/10

The exorcism of Emily Rose - 6.5/10

Super Mario Bros - 2/10, what a piece of sh!t lol

Moffo

Referee
The place beyond the pines

One hour in...I was thinking - this could be the best movie I've ever seen. So clever with the cinematography. Rest of the movie didn't quite live up to it but was still awesome

Red Bear

Referee
Watched a few lately
Pineapple Express - shit

Tropic Thunder - funny concept, pretty shit, hate Ben Stiller, Tom Cruise funny

Two Little Boys - woeful, with a couple of funny bits, really bad movie though

Pan's Labrynth - wow. Good movie, pretty dark, pretty gruesome violence. I misread wikipedia before we decided to watch it and thought it was described as "dark comedy" rather than dark fantasy, which was an ongoing joke through the movie when watching it. Still good film

bileduct

Coach
I went and saw the new Star Trek film at Dendy but the projector broke down about 25 minutes before the end.

The film was good enough to sit through most of it again to see the end, though would have preferred to get a full refund instead of a replacement ticket so I can see it somewhere closer to home.

Aragorn

First Grade
Star Trek Into Darkness

It was good - didnt really rock my world like i expected it too though....

6.5/10

the superman look alike i thought was good...

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Star trek was good. Saw it tonight. Has a good balance of action with the storyline. There was one scene that really gave me the shits though. I get it that they like recreating scenes from the older movies, but something so emotional and moving like that should be kept the same.

The scene where Kirk dies, just like in the old movie.... EXCEPT IT WAS SPOCK THAT DIED!!! Spocks death was one of the most moving parts of the old film series. Into Darkness could have replicated it. The movie was set up for it. But instead they went with killing Kirk and then having Spock get angry because of it. FFS Spock and Vulcans are peacful!! In no way are they vengeful. f**k!

Also, Kirk annoys me some times.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
About Schmidt: 7.5/10 Would have been a nine for the introspective scenes about Schmidt's life with narration, but brought down a bit because of annoying Kathy Bates' family.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes: 5/10 Lame sequel. Bad enough to be boring but not bad enough to be unintentionally funny.

Gangs of New York: 6.5/10 Strange film. Seems to change tone every now and then. I thought it would be better as a straight forward historical epic, without some of the steampunk attitudes, weird camera shots or musical montages. DiCaprio's 'Irish' accent was terrible.

Insidious: 8/10 Surprisingly refreshing horror film. Would have scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.