What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nöyd

Staff member
went through some old dvd's and found "pump up the volume". ok, a couple of things:

1. is christian slater still alive, like career wise?

2. samantha mathis is f**king hot in this film, could not take my eyes off her when on screen

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw Side Effects last night. Pretty good, tense bit of suspense thriller. Rooney Mara and Jude Law are excellent, and there's even a bit of HLA involving Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Well worth a look. 8/10

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Saw three movies in three days at the cinema the weekend just been :

MAN OF STEEL :
I'm not a comic nerdboy so I wasn't too worried about certain things that people are complaining about with regards to Superman's decisions and whatnot, just an enjoyable action romp on the big screen. Nothing too amazing but I was fine with it. Found the evil chick strangely arousing.

PLACE BEYOND THE PINES :
Went into this with absolutely no knowledge of what it was about or who was in it (apart from Ryan Gosling), and found it bloody enjoyable. Just a good solid drama, I recommend it. Nice cameo appearance from Eva Mendes' nipples (underneath a shirt but screams "LOOKATUSWE'RENIPPLES!!!!").

GREAT GATSBY :
Iniitially had no interest in watching this (haven't read the book, and not particularly interested in Baz Luhrman's movies in general, though I did enjoy Strictly Ballroom which I saw with the family back when it was first released, though my enjoyment may have been influenced by the fact my parents were ballroom dancers and one of the characters looked just like Ric Flair, but I digress.....), but got invited by a mate so went anyway.
It was OK, I suppose, but it seemed to go for a bit long and I just didn't really like either of Tobey Maguire (he plays the same character in every movie it seems) or Leonardo's characters. I dunno, maybe it's just not me.

Looking forward to Now You See Me (which was previewed on two of the above movies), as I've always had a bit of a guilty pleasure for magicians and magic shows in general.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not the best movie but certainly not the worst I've seen. 6/10.

MV5BMjIwNzU4MzgyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIwNDM1Mw@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
Finally got around to watching Leon tonight. Really enjoyed it.

7.5/10

Between the music, the style, and Gary Oldman hamming it up - it made me want to watch The Fifth Element again.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Let's see. Over the weekend, I watched:

Identity: 5.5/10
Arlington Road: 6.5/10
Flipped: 6/10
The Perks of Being a Wallflower: 7.5/10
Serendipity: 5/10
Warm Bodies: 7/10
Celeste & Jesse Forever: 6/10

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Got through quite a few movies yesterday with the Mrs away.

The Master: I'm a big PTA fan but just couldn't get into this. Hoffman and Phoenix were great though. 6.5/10

Persona: Never seen anything by Bergman before. Thought this was a good place to start. A bit ambiguous but really enjoyed it. 8.5/10

Aftershock: A Chinese film about the 1976 earthquake in Tangshan. Nothing special. 7/10

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
PLACE BEYOND THE PINES :
Went into this with absolutely no knowledge of what it was about or who was in it (apart from Ryan Gosling), and found it bloody enjoyable. Just a good solid drama, I recommend it. Nice cameo appearance from Eva Mendes' nipples (underneath a shirt but screams "LOOKATUSWE'RENIPPLES!!!!").

As much as I liked the movie i thought it could have been something special if it built on the first third.

Obviously it's no accident they ended up going in the direction they did but I thought it was a bit of a let down after a really strong start. Would still give it a 7.5 or so though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Watched this movie the other day. I don't know what it is about this film that I love so much. Typical Leslie Nielsen spoof movie. Couldn't stop laughing.

Even though this movie is 17 years old, there was one scene applies to life today - outside LA Airport while Agent Steele was waiting for his taxi, EVERYONE was on a mobile phone. Today... nearly everyone walking in the street is doing the same thing, either talking or using their phone!

Spy-Hard-movie-poster.jpg

Zoidberg

First Grade
I always liked Wrongfully Accused. Leslie Nielson spoof of The Fugitive. If you haven't seen it, and you like Spy Hard, give it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.