What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

axl rose

Bench
Emperor

Good. Sucker for these historical dramas, most will probably find it boring as batshit though.

Nice insight into the Emperors fate & the occupation of Japan by the Yanks.

Fire

First Grade
watched about 20min before i got bored and switched over to Fast & Furious....

:lol::lol:

Mate I did the same thing, how shit was it! (didn't help that there was Mandarin subtitles, with English sub-titles over-lapped, and the English sub-titles were 10 minutes ahead of the film).

I think I'll just wait until someone uploads a 5-minute fight scene highlight reel to YouTube and watch that.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Also watched the second instalment of Siones wedding; Unfinished Business. Really didn't do much for me at all but it was never gonna live up to first one anyway if I'm being honest.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Speaking of Arnie & Stallone and prison movies, has that new one that they are in come out yet? Or has it been and gone? No idea what the title is, just remember reading a snippet about it in an Empire magazine a while back.

Watched The Conjuring over the weekend, was entertaining enough, but I'd already heard rave reviews from two of my flatmates and couple of others on online forums, so unfortunately couldn't help but have high expectations, so I merely thought it was "pretty good".

Conversely, I also saw the new Conan movie last night on TV, and having heard nothing but bad things about it, I actually quite enjoyed it. Nothing on the Arnie version (which we've got on VHS, might have to pull that out tonight if nothing else on), but it was fine.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Speaking of Arnie & Stallone and prison movies, has that new one that they are in come out yet? Or has it been and gone? No idea what the title is, just remember reading a snippet about it in an Empire magazine a while back.

Watched The Conjuring over the weekend, was entertaining enough, but I'd already heard rave reviews from two of my flatmates and couple of others on online forums, so unfortunately couldn't help but have high expectations, so I merely thought it was "pretty good".

Conversely, I also saw the new Conan movie last night on TV, and having heard nothing but bad things about it, I actually quite enjoyed it. Nothing on the Arnie version (which we've got on VHS, might have to pull that out tonight if nothing else on), but it was fine.
The only movie I can possibly think that you're referring to is The Expendables 2 - which is where that clip I posted is from. Both will be in the next Expendables movie coming out next year, along with Harrison Ford, Jet Li, Mel Gibson, and the other original Expendables, but they've f**ken taken out Jackie Chan (who would've good acting alongside Li) and Steven Seagal (who has earned his right to be in the movie).

I also hate how JCVD was a villain in #2 when clearly he should've been an Expendable!

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Nah not Expendables 2, watched that at the movies (winning free passes from Mikey Havoc on HaurakiFM, not that that means anything to you Aussies, heh), and really enjoyed it. ESPECIALLY Van Damme as Vilain the villain!

Just searched, the movie I'm referring to is "Escape Plan" (though I remember it being referred to "The Tomb" now that I re-read about it) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_Plan_(film)

Basically about a structural engineer (Stallone) that gets wrongly convicted of some crime and is put into a prison that he designed.

Current release date is October it seems.

snoozer

Bench
(winning free passes from Mikey Havoc on HaurakiFM, not that that means anything to you Aussies, heh)
radio hauraki is the best rock radio station in the world. listen to it on the net. my boss(kiwi) talks about the days when it was a pirate radio station.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Nah not Expendables 2, watched that at the movies (winning free passes from Mikey Havoc on HaurakiFM, not that that means anything to you Aussies, heh), and really enjoyed it. ESPECIALLY Van Damme as Vilain the villain!

Just searched, the movie I'm referring to is "Escape Plan" (though I remember it being referred to "The Tomb" now that I re-read about it) :

Basically about a structural engineer (Stallone) that gets wrongly convicted of some crime and is put into a prison that he designed.

Oh yeah I heard about that one. It looks good. I might give it a look when it's released :)

Zoidberg

First Grade
Elysium. Wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Got chills during the ending but it dragged out a bit. Maybe it was because I'm sick.

IanG

Coach
The Tall Guy

Also recently bought a DVD of The Final Winter. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet though

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
A Prophet.

Wow, what a film. I'm not usually into those macho prison bullshit movies, but this film was awesome. Tahar Rahim, the main character, has such an on-screen presence - like a young Al Pacino. The film also had one of the most boss endings I've seen. 10/10.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

That's funny! When I was in Bali in 1981, news was that one of the construction supervisors for the Kerobokan Prison was done for fraud and misappropriation of funds and ended up in the same prison. Looks like the storyline for "Escape Plan" is loosely based on fact.

Mader45

Juniors
Pain and Gain.

The Rock has some funny moments.
But nothing that will be talked about 2 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts