What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Shazam. Enjoyed the hell out of it considering my severe superhero fatigue at the moment.

I was smiling for the majority of the movie, just fun.
I enjoyed it too and I think it's because it's just lighthearted fun. Refreshing after so many "serious" comic book movies lately.

Matua

Bench
I enjoyed it too and I think it's because it's just lighthearted fun. Refreshing after so many "serious" comic book movies lately.
I was disappointed, probably due to positive reviews on forums etc, as I didn't find it to be as funny as expected.

I don't think it was bad, but I enjoyed the batshit crazyness of Aquaman more and it's comedy is well below Thor Rangarok and Antman movies.

Springs09

Juniors
Shazam was pretty good. Nothing special but entertaining enough.It feels like a 'second phase' movie in the DCEU that should have been.

Disappointed in the version of Billy in the movie but suppose the New 52 is to blame for that.

Last edited:
Finally caught Vice on a plane.

It was everything I was hoping for.

Bale was excellent and Carrell as Rumsfeld was very good too.

Such a dirty pack of merkins.

It’s shocking when you see the numbers that these people have played a part in killing.

When he shoots a guy, doesn’t apologise but gets an apology. Just lol.

PJ

First Grade
Finally caught Vice on a plane.

It was everything I was hoping for.

Bale was excellent and Carrell as Rumsfeld was very good too.

Such a dirty pack of merkins.

It’s shocking when you see the numbers that these people have played a part in killing.

When he shoots a guy, doesn’t apologise but gets an apology. Just lol.

Agree with the exception of carrell. All the others werrme great and he took me out of it whenever he was on screen.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Am currently on my phone watching Avengers:Endgame waiting for something to happen after an hour 45.

That's what I think of this.

Still got one hour to go.

YoHadrian

Juniors
That's why I took my kids to that. It was a funny movie all the way through. In many ways it's the same reason that the Deadpool franchise has done so well. These angst ridden superheros are just tiresome.

axl rose

Bench
Fighting with My Family- every cliche they possibly could fit in a sports 'comedy', Rock was in it for about 5 minutes. 4/10 :thumbsdown:

Storm Boy (2019)- has been a long time since ive seen the original but I remember the Aboriginal character Fingerbone Bill being far more prominent to the original story. Still a nice break from Hollywood nonsense. 7/10 :thumbsup:

PJ

First Grade
Dragged Across Concrete. 8.

I liked it but can see why others wouldn't.

Could have shaved 30 mins or a bit more without losing story.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watched the Ted Bundy one on Netflix. It’s not the Thriller you want it to be. Found Efron surprisingly good but he didn’t really need to get too dark. 5/10

Galveston .
Pretty good story of a standover man( allegedly dying ) on the run with a young woman
Ben Foster is in it
He's rapidly becoming one of my fave actors .
Just hope he doesn't get typecast in the same role as Liam Neeson etc .

7/10

RedVDave

First Grade
I Watched The Avengers: Endgame in 4D it was pretty good but certainly no classic at least IMO.