What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

PJ

First Grade
The Rught Stuff. Very good, little dated, but the stuff in Australia was truly cringeworthy.

9/10.

On a plane so forgive next 1.

Great Wall. Better than expected popcorn trash. 6/10

Mile 22. Missee this 1 coming out. decent spy action thriller.7.5/10

Matua

Bench
Best they keep him out of the writers room, the script for Battle Angel was woeful.

To clarify, I mean the idea of making so many Avatar films. The sequel will make Disney a mountain of cash but it may wear thin after that especially when they come out every year. Look at the recent Star Wars movies, its been done to death.
Yeah, I agree that he should be kept well away from the writers room.

As I understand it the Avatar sequels aren't being made one film at a time, which is why they're taking so long to come out.

Star Wars hasn't been done to death, they just made a huge mistake releasing Solo when they did (and arguably Solo shouldn't have been made, another Star Wars property would have been a better bet, and anyway it was a decent movie) and if released in December it would have done probably similar to Rogue One business.

mongoose

Coach
I liked Alita - Battle Angel. Story was a bit cliched and unoriginal but the action scenes were really well done.

Captain Marvel - now that was a steaming pile of shit.

Also watched La La Land. I don't like musicals and this was no exception. The story was amazingly uninteresting as well.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Power Rangers

So bad, I can't think if anything good to say about it

story - terrible
acting - crap
cgi - 90's tv show was better
characters - shit

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great Wall. Better than expected popcorn trash. 6/10

Saw it a while back. Mrs likes Matt Damon and wasn’t much else on so begrudgingly watched it. Was pleasantly surprised, good movie if you want to zone out and enjoy something that doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Springs09

Juniors
Dumbo was disappointing as I thought it one of the few Disney films that would benefit from a live action version. Story and characters were somehow worse than the original which only went for an hour.
Wasn’t surprised as all these Disney remakes are mediocre. 5/10

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Cold Pursuit - yawn

Terrifier - For a shoe string budget this is one messed up horror. If you know someone or have a partner that hates clowns hit them with this

Storm13

Juniors
Pet Semetary 2019 7/10

Hard to process how I feel with this remake as it does indeed feel like a remake of the original movie. Plot twist was a good surprise after learning trailers ruined it (glad I went in blind), the final act is the strength of the movie as it's the most unique aspect compared to the 90's version.

axl rose

Bench
Pet Semetary 2019 7/10

Hard to process how I feel with this remake as it does indeed feel like a remake of the original movie. Plot twist was a good surprise after learning trailers ruined it .

Thanks for the heads up, will avoid. Re-watched the original recently and it held up better then I thought.

What is the rating of the re-make, it is gory?

Storm13

Juniors
Thanks for the heads up, will avoid. Re-watched the original recently and it held up better then I thought.

What is the rating of the re-make, it is gory?

I just watched the trailers for it and it is 90% full of the plot twist so beware. Think it's an American R so I believe that's a M or MA here. Couple of gory scenes but not over done. Would say as gory as the original.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Pet Semetary 2019 7/10

Hard to process how I feel with this remake as it does indeed feel like a remake of the original movie. Plot twist was a good surprise after learning trailers ruined it (glad I went in blind), the final act is the strength of the movie as it's the most unique aspect compared to the 90's version.

Ffs my cinema isn't picking this up. Just like they didn't with A Quiet Place.

And they wonder why people download pirated movies.

nöyd

Staff member
The 1990 (?) Pet Sematary, as much as I enjoyed it and rated it back then is strictly taboo in my household, as only a year later my 11 year old nephew was hit and killed by a 4WD.

I did watch the trailer of the remake recently without much thought of the original and when the truck sped past really f**king loudly and seemingly out of nowhere, it made me jump and reminded me of why I can't bring myself to watch the original ever again.

Dragged Across Concrete. Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughan. Had heard great things abotu this. What I got was a slow drawn out 2.5hr movie. If they re-edited it down to 1.5hrs could have been great.
Yeh same here
Very drawn out ..not a bad story ..but went on & on
Which disappointed me was writer/ director Zahler had two previous gems(if you like violent action movies) in Bone tomahawk & Brawl in cell block 99 .
So I was probably expecting more ..6/10
Then again not every movie director has a hit all the time

The Highwaymen
Netflix pic about the two out of retirement Texas Rangers who are trying to hunt down Bonnie & Clyde in the 1930s
As usual Netflix has made a very good movie ..
Woody Harrelson & Kevin Costner are both great .
Very enjoyable 8/10

Springs09

Juniors
As usual Netflix has made a very good movie ..

LOL!

Just saw Pet Semetary. Disappointing I thought. A better made movie than the first adaptation but neither as creepy or memorable. Felt like it needed to be longer. All characters other than Ellie are underdeveloped and Jud is wasted. The book is King's scariest in my opinion and the original film was the last one to genuinely creep me out. Fred Gwynne's Jud is one of the classic horror characters.

- Changing the dead kid to Ellie turns it into another creepy little girl film which has been done to death.
- Both the original and this one makes the mistake of the death being clean. In the book Gage is splattered by the truck and sown back together. King's descriptions of the reanimated Gage are very creepy.
- In the first film Zelda was played by a male contortionist in make-up. She's the scariest character I've ever seen. In this she's a girl in corpse make-up that makes her look like every other movie zombie and she's only used for jump scares.
- Leaves out the Timmy Baterman story which was essential imo.

Latest posts