What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Misanthrope

Staff member
Caught Bird of Prey here. Definitely better than the majority of the DCEU shite, with only Wonder Woman really being more enjoyable.

It's not a movie I'd watch again, but Margot Robbie and Ewan McGregor do a great job.

7/10

Springs09

Juniors
Watched Sonic. Average movie, usual video game movie fare, but Jim Carrey was the funniest he's been in a long time.

Bad times at The El Royale - 1/5 spuds.

Just a boring story. It’s like the big draw/feature of this was that the hotel was built straddling the Californian / Nevada border? Big f**ken deal.

Erivo’s acting and singing stole the show without redeeming the lacklustre plot. Bridges solid as always.

Hemsworth was poor and brought nothing but a six pack for the ladies. If he was supposed to be a “menacing, foreboding” Charles Manson type, he missed the mark by a mile. Was mincing around with his shirt off, more like Jim Morrison than Manson. Weak sauce.

All style, no story. Bad Times indeed. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Wizardman

First Grade

Just a boring story. It’s like the big draw/feature of this was that the hotel was built straddling the Californian / Nevada border? Big f**ken deal.

Erivo’s acting and singing stole the show without redeeming the lacklustre plot. Bridges solid as always.

Hemsworth was poor and brought nothing but a six pack for the ladies. If he was supposed to be a “menacing, foreboding” Charles Manson type, he missed the mark by a mile. Was mincing around with his shirt off, more like Jim Morrison than Manson. Weak sauce.

It is amazing how two people can see the same movie and have vastly different opinions about it.

I absolutely LOVED the movie. It drew me in from start to finish. I give it a four out of five.

mongoose

Coach

I saw this in the cinema, had completely forgot about this movie. I thought it started well but had no where to go. The 2nd half just fizzled out. Agree on Hemsworth, his character was rubbish.

mongoose

Coach
The Dark Tower (on netflix)

wasn't as bad as I had heard. I'm not familiar with the books so maybe that's why I wasn't so repulsed by it. The action and visuals were ok but there was very little background story to anything. Katheryn Winnick is such a babe btw...

PJ

First Grade
Mongoose I'm a King fan bit think the book series is highly overated.

Agree the film wasn't as bad as made out, but nowhere near as good as it should be with Idris and Matt Mc in it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mongoose I'm a King fan bit think the book series is highly overated.

Agree the film wasn't as bad as made out, but nowhere near as good as it should be with Idris and Matt Mc in it
The first 4 books were amazing, but I don’t think the last 3 did those first 4 justice. They were just very good. The movie was watchable but a total disservice to the books.

Reactions: PJ

myrrh ken

First Grade
The Invisible Man 2/5

Didn't know anything about it before. Elizabeth Moss was good, the other characters forgettable.

Lots of plot holes and didn't really buy the story.

Production was pretty good, with a low budget feel - kind of like Get Out.

I can't believe it has 90% RT rating.

nöyd

Staff member
Somehow I sat through the latest Jumanji

If it had been in the cinema this post would have been in a different thread, the only thing that saved it for me was Kevin Hart's Danny Glover impersonation, and I can't stand Kevin Hart usually

Matua

Bench

If it had been in the cinema this post would have been in a different thread, the only thing that saved it for me was Kevin Hart's Danny Glover impersonation, and I can't stand Kevin Hart usually
I found both the new Jumanji's to be good fun switch off the brain movies.

YoHadrian

Juniors

Even my kids preferred the original Jumanji after they were pretty meh after we went & saw the new one. They loved Robin Williams.

Eelementary

Post Whore
John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

Loved it.

The fight scene choreography was still pin-sharp.

One of the best action films I have seen in recent years - really, really good.

And the mythos, and hype, they have built around John Wick is amazing.

King hit

Coach
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Pitt is great in this, DiCaprio is funny as a kind of reclusive loser but it's probably Tarantino's most boring movie, next to Jackie Brown. Nothing really happens until the ultra violent ending which borders on cartoonish. The Sharon Tate character is completely pointless. Don't get the hype about this one..
I saw this with a mate when it was out and we both agreed that it was boring. I went in thinking it was going to be about the manson family with the tarantino spin in on it but it was nothing like that at all except for the ending. A really fun ending isn't going to make me clap my hands and say the whole 2 hours 30 ordeal was worth it. Also agree that Margot Robbie didn't need to be in this and served no purpose.

Only positives for me was the cinematography, sets, directing and Brad Pitt who was by far the best thing about this movie.

Big Pete

Referee
The Invisible Man 2/5

Didn't know anything about it before. Elizabeth Moss was good, the other characters forgettable.

Lots of plot holes and didn't really buy the story.

Production was pretty good, with a low budget feel - kind of like Get Out.

I can't believe it has 90% RT rating.

The RT system is flawed. Every critic could give the movie a 5/10 and it would be 100% on RT.

Metacritic isn't perfect, but it's a more accurate gauge. The Invisible Man has a 91% on RT, on MC it's 71.

Springs09

Juniors
Rocketman - convinced every rock star lives the same life based on the generic formula of their biopics - unhappy childhood, sudden discovery, complicated love life, struggle with fame, push away friends, turn to drugs, get back on track, the end.

YoHadrian

Juniors
John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

Loved it.

The fight scene choreography was still pin-sharp.

One of the best action films I have seen in recent years - really, really good.

And the mythos, and hype, they have built around John Wick is amazing.

We were expecting not to enjoy the 3rd one but we did & the ending means that a 4th one is coming.

Still I'm staggered at the ability of the bloke much like Dirty Harry before him to never run out of bullets.