What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

PJ

First Grade
Ready or Not. 8. Enjoyed what could have been a very run of the mill thriller by a great performance by the main actress.

It isn't an award winning movie but is very good for what it is.

Basic story is a rich family have a ritual for weddings where the new bride/groom chooses a card that dictates what game they play, and she happend to pull hide and seek, but a deadly version.

If you like horror? thrillers then it is worth a go.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We were expecting not to enjoy the 3rd one but we did & the ending means that a 4th one is coming.

Still I'm staggered at the ability of the bloke much like Dirty Harry before him to never run out of bullets.

I suppose you can see why, with John Wick - he is such an expert assassin, that he knows his weapons inside out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
We were expecting not to enjoy the 3rd one but we did & the ending means that a 4th one is coming.

Still I'm staggered at the ability of the bloke much like Dirty Harry before him to never run out of bullets.

Not just a fourth film, but also a TV series (Continental) and a spin-off about a female assassin (Ballerina).

T-Boon

Coach
I had never seen Unforgiven but I watched it recently with my wife. Excellent movie. Gene Hackman is marvellous.

Reactions: PJ

T-Boon

Coach
Oh yeah. See Parasite. It's worth the hype.

Do you have to be a fan of foreign films? I am tempted to have a look but I am worried that people are just saying it is good to be hip. I hate foreign movies - just the thought of them.

T-Boon

Coach
Spencer Confidential

Mark Wahlberg.

Set in Boston, plays a cop, one who does not follow the rule book, but is the good guy, takes of his shirt and takes many punches......

You have already seen it even if you haven't.

Let me guess, plenty of "Southee" references?

YoHadrian

Juniors
Do you have to be a fan of foreign films? I am tempted to have a look but I am worried that people are just saying it is good to be hip. I hate foreign movies - just the thought of them.
Well I like foreign films ( and films in English ) so I guess I'm biased. :p

These days I'm sceptical of anything that wins at the Oscars due to the nature of those self righteous a*sehats that masqerade as a film industry. So I took this with a grain of salt & but even people who I knew that didn't really like film were raving about it so I gave it a go. The best I can say without spoilers is that it's a clever very funny black comedy about class differences without being at all preachy like if Hollywood made it.

Give it a go I reckon.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Rewatched Fellowship of the Ring the other day. Still holds up, and even moreso with a recent reread of the books and plenty of time spent immersed in Lord of the Rings Online.

Watching The Two Towers in bursts at the moment. Loving that soundtrack, as well as the sweeping New Zealand vistas they picked out to represent Rohan.

Solid 8/10 movies for both, with Fellowship maybe an 8.5.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Mother! What the actual F was that? Kept me guessing as to where it was going, gave no real hints. Then went batshit crazy and had no real payoff.

Matua

Bench
Mother! What the actual F was that? Kept me guessing as to where it was going, gave no real hints. Then went batshit crazy and had no real payoff.
I actually hated that movie. But what was worse I actually like the first half when it seemed like it was going to be an actual movie instead of the pretentious bollocks it became.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I actually hated that movie. But what was worse I actually like the first half when it seemed like it was going to be an actual movie instead of the pretentious bollocks it became.
Yeah I thought it started interesting and was quite good, then... I don’t know what happened.

Springs09

Juniors

Very over-the-top allegory that has no real subtlety or imagery. Excessive use of the 'humans are monsters' trope and then ends up not really saying much about anything. Pointless movie.