What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Game_Breaker

Coach
Depressing.....adored the first movie. I think I need to give it a miss.

It’s a contender for worst movie of 2021
I only finished it to give it chance

I think they relied too much on improv from SNL comedians like Tracy Morgan and Leslie Jones. Problem is they’re not funny.

Last edited:
The King of Staten Island.

Not bad considering I don’t rate Pete Davidson as very funny.

An Apatow movie which seem to always bring the feels. Bill Burr is great as is Marisa Tomei who is still a total fox. Just a bit of a boring story but watchable. Davidson’s acting was adequate considering he was playing himself.

3 spuds.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Thunder Road. Not sure who recommended it to me, pity cause I'd skip future recs. 4/10.

I Care a Lot. Enjoyed a movie about despicable people, 8/10. Well acted but not for everyone.

Parra

Referee
Yeah, I straight up don't like will ferrel.

Outside of anchorman, I can't think of much I've liked him in and I HATE step Brothers.... There I said it.

I know what you mean. He goes OK in Talledaga Nights and in Wedding Crashers as well

mozza91

Coach
Went and saw ‘The Dry’ today. I thought it was excellent. Keeps you guessing the whole time and a satisfying ending where you get the answers. Bana was understated but very good as the lead. Would watch again.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Iron Sky

"The Nazis set up a secret base on the dark side of the moon in 1945 where they hide out and plan to return to power in 2018."

So I watched to see how bad it could be and how people can fund anything.

Just for starters, they can see Earth on the darkside of the moon.

So, so bad, so very bad.

I guess people got paid, so that is something.

@butchmcdick would like the female.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Starship Troopers.

Just cause I love it.

Would you like to know more?

Medic!!!!

Frederick

Staff member
Watching Inside Out with the kids for the umpteenth time. Always happy to watch it with them - happy to watch anything Pixar really. Always quality movies

Mark B

Juniors
The King of Staten Island.

Not bad considering I don’t rate Pete Davidson as very funny.

An Apatow movie which seem to always bring the feels. Bill Burr is great as is Marisa Tomei who is still a total fox. Just a bit of a boring story but watchable. Davidson’s acting was adequate considering he was playing himself.

3 spuds.
Good review, Pete Davidson cannot act to save his life and IMHO calling him a comedian is a stretch. The supporting cast was sensational though and made the movie pretty enjoyable. But on Davidson, looks like a junkie (I know how smokes copious amounts of weed) but the anorexic look, hundreds of ugly tats even one of Hillary Clinton and dark circles around his eyes that look painted on something tells me it’s more than weed that gets him through the day and he pulls absolute glamours.

nöyd

Staff member
I reckon Pete Davidson deserves kudos simply for re-enacting an obvious painful real life memory, I agree the movie did drag somewhat and his jokes can be hit-or-miss, but if it was me getting approached to recount my fathers death I can't say I would leap at the opportunity.

Mark B

Juniors
I reckon Pete Davidson deserves kudos simply for re-enacting an obvious painful real life memory, I agree the movie did drag somewhat and his jokes can be hit-or-miss, but if it was me getting approached to recount my fathers death I can't say I would leap at the opportunity.
Fair point. Terrible what happened to his dad, especially when Pete Davidson was so young. In saying that though the guy is a massive douche bag, but wholly molly he can pull the good sorts. Also read he he is getting the majority of tats removed via laser. They are seen as a hinderance to his career by Hollywood now that it seems to be getting traction.

Mark B

Juniors
I made it to the end (I don't know why) but f**k, "Semi-Pro" was complete utter shit. Second worst comedy I've seen this year beside "Night School"
Will Ferrell is definitely more miss than hit with his films. He strikes me as a good support actor but f**k I hate most of the movies he stars in.
1.5 out of 5
+1, apart from Step Brothers, the rest of his movies where he is the star with no good supporting list it’s just him yelling and being a very unfunny horses arse.

Mark B

Juniors
Seconded

It's pretty bad
I liked Wesley Snipes in it and chuckled at the reference to Trading Places but the rest isn't funny

Eddie Murphy didn't need to make this
Eddie was the king of the 80’s, but what really threw me off even the original ( will not watch the sequel) is that it was directed by John Landis. Landis had the world at his feet, The Blues Brothers etc then he uses his wealth and power to get his arse out of the ringer after the chopper crash which killed Vic Morrow and the two child actors whilst filming his segment of the the Twilight Zone in 1982. Pure arrogance and total scum bag behaviour on his behalf. Never watched another Landis movie since, including the original Coming to America which was filmed six years after the Indian Dunes chopper crash.
There’s a really good book called Outrageous Conduct, Art, Ego and the Twilight Zone Case. Still pick it up on Amazon or EBay, but shows what a douche with cash can get away with.