What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

bileduct

Coach
I was thinking more along the lines of Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, another one of the Transformers films (I am sure there is a case for all four, but I have only really seen two of them in full) and one of any of the number of completely shitty remakes he has produced.

I didn't mind Bad Boys (I have only seen the first one) and I enjoyed The Rock.

some11

Referee
Like Bad Boys and The Rock, The Island and Transformers are passable.

I really dislike what he did with Pain & Gain, he turned a heinous and tragic killing spree into some kind of morbid comedy. Granted they took liberties with the facts to suit a screenplay, it's still close to what actually happened and to try and make it more sympathetic towards the killers is disgraceful.

Michael Mann would have been the perfect director to give it the credence it deserved.

vvvrulz

Coach
Inaccuracies aside, I really enjoyed Pain and Gain for what it was supposed to be... a dark comedy.

The Rock still stands as Bay's best work so far for me, mainly because it was his most restrained (and this wasn't very restrained at all anyway).

Bad boys wasn't bad, BB2 was awful.

Armageddon is an enjoyable cheese fest.

The Island started out ok before it completely fell apart.

Transformers 1 and Pearl Harbour had their brief moments and are watchable.

The rest are garbage.

I have enjoyed every Michael bay movie. He is the best action movie director of all time. If you all hate him so much don't go and watch his films. Simple.

T.S Quint

Coach
I was thinking more along the lines of Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, another one of the Transformers films (I am sure there is a case for all four, but I have only really seen two of them in full) and one of any of the number of completely shitty remakes he has produced.

I didn't mind Bad Boys (I have only seen the first one) and I enjoyed The Rock.

I was being facetious actually. :lol:
Bad Boys was fine when I was 15. That's pretty much the the age of the target audience anyway. But now I consider it not very good. The sequel is much worse though.

The first half of Armageddon was fine, but the second half was dire.
The first Transformers I enjoyed. Same with The Island and The Rock.
Pain and Gain was ok. I didn't care that it was a true story and they made the kidnappers out to be likable.

Pearl Harbour and the TF sequels are incredibly bad.

T.S Quint

Coach
I have enjoyed every Michael bay movie. He is the best action movie director of all time. If you all hate him so much don't go and watch his films. Simple.

He is actually a good action director. He can set up an action scene better than most.
It's the scenes between all the action where he has real trouble.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Testament (1983) - the story of the decline of a small town outside of San Fransisco after a nuclear war.

This have to be the most depressingly boring and pedestrian post apocalypse movie ever made. The whole thing was watered down and sanitised to the extent that the victims of radiation poisoning didn't show any symptoms except for a four year old kid who shit blood.

I actually "watched" this with my eyes closed for about 3/4 of the movie just listening to the dialogue. Definitely a movie made for bored housewives who watch the weekday midday movie while doing the ironing.

Giving it 2/10 is mighty generous.

Aragorn

First Grade
22 Jump Street.

Hilarious.

And Ice Cube's "daughter" was super duper hot. Hottest black chick next to Halle Berry.

mackdadday

Juniors
22 jump street. Started slow but got very good. The 'ass and tittys' trip i rewatched about 50 times.

thorson1987

Coach
Watched Rush last night.

Decent film. One scene actually made me squirm though (which is unusual) when the had to clean out Laudas lungs after the accident.

T.S Quint

Coach
Whiplash.

Best movie I have seen all year so far.
JK Simmons is fantastic, and I finally got to see what all these Hollywood producers see in Miles Teller.

For those who have never heard of it:

[youtube]7d_jQycdQGo[/youtube]

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Watched What we do in the shadows, which is a vampire mockumentary written and directed by Jermaine Clement (flight of the conchords). Thought it was very funny and quite original. Definitely worth a watch.

Latest posts