What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Frederick

Staff member
Dawn of the planet of the apes.

A bit too much ape. 7/10

I was going to watch this last night, but apparently the PS3 can't play mkv files so I ended up watching shawshank on tv. Great movie ruined by at least an hours worth of ads...was falling asleep by the end of it

Eddie Lab

Juniors
The Purge

Like the idea of the film but the first one fell a little flat.

4/10

The Purge: Anarchy

this is a horror movie with The Punisher in it. much better then the first and pushed the idea further.

6/10

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I was going to watch this last night, but apparently the PS3 can't play mkv files so I ended up watching shawshank on tv. Great movie ruined by at least an hours worth of ads...was falling asleep by the end of it

Matroska (.mkv) is a painful format. Video's version of audio's FLAC format.

Just open your mkv with vlc player. Can you even get subtitles on an mkv file? I only know how to import subtitles with a vlc player.

Edit: just read you were tryin to do it with a ps3.

elyod138

Bench
Why do people use it? What advantages does it offer over MP4?

It has a lot more flexibility for storing codecs, subtitles, chapters etc.

It's especially handy in the anime community for storing multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles.

FLAC is all about lossless compression.

Both are useful and serve a purpose.

Frederick

Staff member
It has a lot more flexibility for storing codecs, subtitles, chapters etc.

It's especially handy in the anime community for storing multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles.

FLAC is all about lossless compression.

Both are useful and serve a purpose.

So basically it's like a dvd/blu ray version?

alien

Referee
Dark+Angel.jpg

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I haven't watched that since seeing it at the cinema in a random movie marathon back 96 or 97 comprising The Fan, Anaconda and The Ghost & The Darkness. The 15 year old me didn't like it back in the day, but maybe I was expecting something different.

We actually have this at the flat in our diverse VHS collection, so I'll have to give it another go, maybe the 33 year old me will appreciate it more in retrospect.

some11

Referee
Boyhood.. have a drink every time mum marries an abusive alcoholic.

Said boy is so brooding I barely made it through the full 165 minutes, sometimes reality doesn't make for a good screenplay.

Filming actors as they grow up is noble but as a coming of age film it doesn't have anywhere near the impact as so many before it.

Last edited: