What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

Parra

Referee
Hack or Game Changer when referencing a basic cooking technique.

"22 yo Minto Mum of 7 discovers Aldi frozen mashed potato hack by adding a bit of butter. It's a game changer!"

f**k off.

Doesn't have to be cooking. Check this best aldi hack ever - wtf?

Mum claims to find the ‘best Aldi hack ever’ after eye-opening bagging table experience​

A shopper has gone online to share the “best Aldi hack ever” after seeing someone do it at her local store.

soc123_au

Staff member
Doesn't have to be cooking. Check this best aldi hack ever - wtf?

Mum claims to find the ‘best Aldi hack ever’ after eye-opening bagging table experience​

A shopper has gone online to share the “best Aldi hack ever” after seeing someone do it at her local store.

Yeah, thats exactly the rubbish I'm talking about. Bags in a box, revolutionary....

These f**kwits heads would explode if they watched an episode of the great 80's documentary MacGyver.

Eion

First Grade
When did people start calling a ‘back rower’ a ‘back row’? For example “The sharks back row Briton Nikora’.

Shits me

Reflector

Juniors
'Problematic'

Not so much the word itself, but the kind of person who generally uses this word is also the type of person who refers to certain groups of people in the politically-correct euphemisms even while speaking in general conversation.

Eion

First Grade
'Problematic'

Not so much the word itself, but the kind of person who generally uses this word is also the type of person who refers to certain groups of people in the politically-correct euphemisms even while speaking in general conversation.
You’ll get me started on my use of the word cohort rant.

Reflector

Juniors
Another one I remembered, courtesy of the latest Dave Chapelle special:

Punching down.

As Dave points out, it implies you think certain groups of people are beneath you somehow.

Johns Magic

Referee
“Food for thought”

A pretentious way of saying “I may be adding some genius here, but I don’t want to stand behind it in case it’s wrong.”

Reflector

Juniors
'Scotty From Marketing'- this was amusing when the Betoota boys coined it a few years ago, but it's been repeated so often and so widely that it's become used by the kind of person who shouts "Taxiiiii!" when somebody spills their drink at the pub and thinks they're some kind of brilliant comedian.

'The Milk'- another one coined by the Betoota boys circa 2019, it's wearing thin. By the same logic, should we start calling NQ 'The Car', Dragons 'The Bank' or PENRITH 'The Other Milk'?

While on the topic of the Raiders-

When somebody (usually a journo) makes yet another reference to "The Green Machine" undergoing a "grease and oil change". I first heard this used over 20 years ago. Must be a hell of a long grease and oil change...

Those illiterates that replace the "-ing" suffix with "-ink".

As in "I'm goink to the shop", pronounced "go-ink".

Last edited: