What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest crowd in RD1

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just got tickets for Easts V souths. Pax was 6006 and 6007 if that means anything, also had a sneaky look around the other RD1 games and it appears the raiders are on course for a big crowd. Only 3 categories available now although they are the grandstands, but thats mainly members there??

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Roosters V Souths - 22,500
Broncos V Cowboys - 50,000
Warriors V Parra - 25,000
Titans V Dragons - 27,000
Melb V Manly - 25,000
Raiders V Sharks - 17,500
Penrith V Newcastle - 13,000
Bulldogs V Tigers - 20,000

NRL is in a shocking state if last years grand finalists and the team with the most members only get 22,500

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I might be overrating the potential of the Roosters/Bunnies crowd

Last year they played twice and got

Round 1
23,149(ANZ)
Round 18 18,424(SFS)

Nothing special there

adamkungl

Immortal
Both clubs have increased their membership, both are expecting huge things this year, and there's also the Inglis v Carney superstar matchup. Anything less than 25 is pissweak by both sets of fans, and less than 30 will be disappointing.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Both clubs have increased their membership, both are expecting huge things this year, and there's also the Inglis v Carney superstar matchup. Anything less than 25 is pissweak by both sets of fans, and less than 30 will be disappointing.

:)

LeagueNut

First Grade
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10710247

Meanwhile, over 19,000 tickets have been sold for next week's season opener against the Eels at Eden Park. The decision to move the match to the traditional rugby venue was unpopular with many Warriors season ticket holders, prompting chief executive Wayne Scurrah to say he had "put his nuts on the line".

Scurrah was confident the break-even figure of 25,000 would be reached and hopeful the club record for a regular season game of around 32,000 - set in 1995 - would be eclipsed.

"We've noticed a sharp upturn in daily sales now that it is getting close," Scurrah said. "We're optimistic we will at least get 25,000 and could go close to our best ever crowd. That would be fantastic for the team and fantastic for the club."

Privately club officials are hoping the crowd will exceed the announced figure of 32,700 for the Blues versus Crusaders opening Super 15 rugby match of the season.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Its not really private if its in that article?

Anyway thats great news for the game in NZ.

Always makes me laugh when journos say things like privately thinking and secret meeting.

Great for league NZ and they have broke the 8000 member mark as well so they are going strong at the moment, lets hope it continues.

i know we get let down a lot when our expectations are highest for crowds but RD1 is the best shot in a while to break the magical 200K barrier for the round. Lets hope it doesn't rain!

Chook Norris

First Grade
my predictions
Roosters V Souths - 28,500
Broncos V Cowboys - 48,000
Warriors V Parra - 27,500
Titans V Dragons - 27,000
Melb V Manly - 23,000
Raiders V Sharks - 15,500
Penrith V Newcastle - 14,000
Bulldogs V Tigers - 25,000

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
How many people are going to round 1?

I'll be at ANZ on monday night.

I'll also be there on monday night :D
Shame this game is the monday night game... Had the potential to get 35-40K + on a sunday afternoon (On a fine day of course)