What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you do if you were Bluey?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
excuses aside, we still leaked in 32 points... thats just not good enough. godinet shouldnt have been defending out wide, he's a smurf and anyone would be happy to run him over when close to the try line (like they did - twice!)

We leaked 12 of those points due to amateur f**k ups by the player everyone was cursing Bluey for not picking. Can't blame the coach for that.

Iafeta

Referee
excuses aside, we still leaked in 32 points... thats just not good enough. godinet shouldnt have been defending out wide, he's a smurf and anyone would be happy to run him over when close to the try line (like they did - twice!)

Where would you have him defending? Prop?

I don't think I've read such a humorous evaluation of a game. Frankly, you'd go a long way to find forward domination like we put on.

Iafeta

Referee
and if bluey knew (and should know as coach) that Inu had this hand problem ie using one and not two - WTF was he doing playing FB?????!!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

You are aware that our fullback went off injured...?

Micistm

Bench
and if bluey knew (and should know as coach) that Inu had this hand problem ie using one and not two - WTF was he doing playing FB?????!!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Umm...filling in for the one injured in the game?:lol: Is it the coaches job to remind all players they're not playing beach touch and hold it one handed coming off your own line?:lol:

aargon

Where would you have him defending? Prop?

I don't think I've read such a humorous evaluation of a game. Frankly, you'd go a long way to find forward domination like we put on.

was our forward domination reflected in the final scoreline 32-14? i think not....

vvvrulz

Coach
is our forward domination reflected in the final scoreline 32-14? i think not....

Point to that score all you want, it really shows your lack of understanding of how the Warriors went today. Just a couple of bad calls and one K.Inu away from victory.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tell Fish he is a centre.

Let him pick a side. Give him a goal.

Can't keep picking 2nd rowers.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think Bluey's persistence with Henry is starting to pay off. He was pretty dominant tonight.

He's not out of place in first grade, he's very skillful, and defends well, but imo still isn't a centre.

Henry is getting blooded to take over Luck/Brown next year, but it's not going to help us this year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Still show him tapes of R Gasiner, ET, Renouf, all young centres struggle in defence at first.

hitman82

Bench
You're right in that he doesn't have the power off the mark or deft pass of a first grade centre. But he's starting to become effective enough to see us through until Hurrell is ready. Henry's reminding me of a cross between Mannering and Brown.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Meh he's solid defensively and looks quite a lot better with ball in hand in terms of not getting dominated in the tackle and making metres. Hopefully he develops some better skills setting up his outside man if they are going to stick with him.

aargon

next weeks team selection should be interesting if Ropo and Locke are still out.... Fish at FB and bring in Hurrell or Mannering at centre?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I'm warming more and more to Henry in the centres. At first, I didn't like it. But after seeing him play there a few times, he has really made a good fist of things.

It's good to have a centre who ACTUALLY sets up his wingman or other players around him!

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm warming more and more to Henry in the centres. At first, I didn't like it. But after seeing him play there a few times, he has really made a good fist of things.

It's good to have a centre who ACTUALLY sets up his wingman or other players around him!

Agree, I'm liking the Benry-Topou combo. If injuries persist then the other wing should be Hurrell-Manu with Fish at fullback (sigh). I don't mind seeing Inu at centre to redeem himself, but never be at the back again.

That play at the end of the first half when Benry should have drawn and passed, instead he passed to Tupou too soon. Huge mistake, hope he learns from it.

Latest posts