What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So I guess that means you've researched all potential coaches in order to determine that we should stick with Arthur? Give me a break.
FFS. You are the one suggesting that a change is needed but you can't even tell me who we should change to.

The burden of proof sits with you, losey...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
?? As is my position. I don't get why you think I have to prove something yet you do not.
This seems pointless.
Your position isn't clear. All you have said is that we should change to a miscellaneous, undescribed, yet to be named person who may or may not exist.

That isn't clear at all.

Why is it so hard to accept that for a position of ''a change is needed" to be taken seriously, one must have contemplated what change might look like?

T-Boon

Coach
I am giving Arthur to the end of round one. He needs to show me he can coach a winning team, look exciting in attack whilst winngin and also give an intriguing press conference which can hold somebodies attention.

T-Boon

Coach
Your position isn't clear. All you have said is that we should change to a miscellaneous, undescribed, yet to be named person who may or may not exist.

What about Jim Dymock? What are his whereabouts these days. I think he would make a good coach especially with our Islanders.

ash411

Bench
what if we start 9-2 and then go to shit and miss the 8?

maybe if we're 9-2 or 8-3 Max should offer him an incentive based contract like Brown's where he doesn't get paid out if things go arse up

i doubt any club will be chasing him as none did this year in all the coach hunting
So what if we start out 2-9 and then go on a run and win 14 straight to make the finals?

It works both ways.

Let me guess, something about huggin'?

That isn't clear at all.

Why is it so hard to accept that for a position of ''a change is needed" to be taken seriously, one must have contemplated what change might look like?
I really can't be much clearer. I think there are almost certainly better coaches out there than Arthur and I think the club should be investigating them and select one.
Do you not see that for you to take a position of 'change is not needed' then you also must contemplate what change would look like?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I really can't be much clearer. I think there are almost certainly better coaches out there than Arthur and I think the club should be investigating them and select one.
Do you not see that for you to take a position of 'change is not needed' then you also must contemplate what change would look like?
But "change is not needed" is not my position. I also can't be much clearer.

ash411

Bench
What about Jim Dymock? What are his whereabouts these days. I think he would make a good coach especially with our Islanders.
Isn't he assistant coach somewhere? I wanna say Canberra? He was in the running for the Doggies gig when that came up, actually no, he was assistant at Canterbury... and I think he quit when he got passed over.

Good question, what is he up to now? I don't know if gambling on another rookie coach is the answer, but then there also aren't a lot of experienced coaches about either.

T-Boon

Coach
Isn't he assistant coach somewhere? I wanna say Canberra? He was in the running for the Doggies gig when that came up, actually no, he was assistant at Canterbury... and I think he quit when he got passed over.

Good question, what is he up to now? I don't know if gambling on another rookie coach is the answer, but then there also aren't a lot of experienced coaches about either.

Yeah, get him up here as head assistant and tell Arthur we need to win week one by 30 and you need to give a Barrack Obama type press conference that has fans lining up for memberships or else you are cut for Jimmy.

ash411

Bench
Yeah, get him up here as head assistant and tell Arthur we need to win week one by 30 and you need to give a Barrack Obama type press conference that has fans lining up for memberships or else you are cut for Jimmy.
I don't see anything wrong with Bringing him on to the coaching staff, see how he goes with a view to him taking over at some point, BA does need a bit of help with tactics and keeping game plan changing so we don't get found out by the other teams so easily.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Think he is an assistant coach with the Sharks

Latest posts