What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Considering we have just conducted a wide-ranging review of the club as a whole, I’d say that process has already begun, so no, it’s not up for debate.

Is that the same one that most people have been critical of? A review is one thing. Implementation and follow through is another. We've all been part of review that goes nowhere and achieves nothing.

Are you just accepting that this process will magically sort it itself out? You can't arbitrarily decide that it isn't part of the discussion when it is still in its infancy.

The coaching issue absolutely needs to be prioritised because our current coach’s contract is up at the end of the year and whoever will be coaching from 2020 onwards will need to be making some pretty bloody important recruitment decisions with nearly 7 million dollars available at this stage to play with.

How do you not see that?
If we actually implement the review properly then we can probably stop panicking as much about the role of the coach as there will be proper support and governance around important decisions.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well in that case he's f**ked.

P.S. I think if we sat down over a couple of milton mangoes we'd be able to concede a few things either way and find we agree on more than we disagree.
Yep, I have no doubt that would be the case. I get lazy after a few beers so I’d be easily convinced.

Is that the same one that most people have been critical of? A review is one thing. Implementation and follow through is another. We've all been part of review that goes nowhere and achieves nothing.

Are you just accepting that this process will magically sort it itself out? You can't arbitrarily decide that it isn't part of the discussion when it is still in its infancy.

If we actually implement the review properly then we can probably stop panicking as much about the role of the coach as there will be proper support and governance around important decisions.
Footy clubs obviously value coaches a great deal. That's why they pay them the big bucks. There's nothing stopping the club from doing the things that you suggest are more important and also getting another coach.
And with that I'm out.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Footy clubs obviously value coaches a great deal. That's why they pay them the big bucks. There's nothing stopping the club from doing the things that you suggest are more important and also getting another coach.
And with that I'm out.
I don’t disagree with that. I just have higher expectations on who that coach should be.

Bolgeel

Juniors
Avenger suggested round 13 is d-day. Let’s say we are in the same position after round 13 with 2 wins and 11 losses. Do we keep him if a premiership winning coach isn’t available?
I don’t think anyone on here would be happy to keep him if we start like last year?? That would be idiotic imo, it will all be much clearer when we start 7 and 5

Gazzamatta

Coach
Call time, who would come, no one, well no one with a clue. Parra smells right now.
You would be surprised. There are only 16 head coaches jobs. Holbrook is the man I reckon. Lots would apply. Its probably a good thing the Maguires, Haslers, Bennetts etc are now contracted.