What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gronk

Staff member
He’s coaching better because he got rid of Norman and Hayne. He also is receiving help from a proper assistant coach with NRL first grade experience.

Pretty sure Potter is running development mate.

The Parramatta Eels Club is pleased to announce that former Newcastle Knights Assistant Coach, Mick Potter, has joined the Club as an NRL Development Coach. Mick will work alongside existing NRL Assistant Coaches, Steve Murphy and David Kidwell, under the direction of Head Coach, Brad Arthur.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/11/02/2019-football-staff-update/

strider

Post Whore
I'd love to know how roles in the coaching/conditioning staff are being performed

Potter's job description doesn't suggest he would be heavily involved in NRL.
AFL guy is still there and has a big title - what's he doing?

Avenger

Immortal
Pretty sure Potter is running development mate.

The Parramatta Eels Club is pleased to announce that former Newcastle Knights Assistant Coach, Mick Potter, has joined the Club as an NRL Development Coach. Mick will work alongside existing NRL Assistant Coaches, Steve Murphy and David Kidwell, under the direction of Head Coach, Brad Arthur.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/11/02/2019-football-staff-update/
Well he is coaching better because he has a development coach. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mate I reinvigorated this thread because so far he has done a great job and I’m happy to be proven wrong if he gets an extension.

Well done to him. I didn’t think he could do it, however the real test to see where we are at will be this Friday against the Roosters.

I still think he needs to make the 8 to be certain of an extension.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
AFL guy would be doing a lot of paperwork - monitoring programs and shit.

McPotter might be involved in skill development. Or maybe players of a certain age or experience level.

strider

Post Whore
If we managed to beat the Roosters things will be interesting

So far we have played a team who are considered top 4 contenders and a team who are spoon contenders

Gronk

Staff member
Well he is coaching better because he has a development coach. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mate I reinvigorated this thread because so far he has done a great job and I’m happy to be proven wrong if he gets an extension.

Well done to him. I didn’t think he could do it, however the real test will be this Friday against the Roosters.

We just need to dig deep and never give up. If we lose the arm wrestle against the benchmark team, I'll be happy to come out of the game with just respect, if we can't have the two points.

ash411

Bench
I don't think us failing to beat the reining premiers would be any kind of black mark against BA. Assuming the team look as well prepared and disciplined as they have been so far.

I can't imagine anyone would go into Friday nights game expecting us to win. I'm just expecting to see the team out in for the whole 80 and not drop their heads the entire game.

A win would be a huge bonus, but I'll be happy if we are just in the contest for the whole game.

Kornstar

Coach
He’s coaching better because he got rid of Norman and Hayne. He also is receiving help from a proper assistant coach with NRL first grade experience.

He also has a football manager that is recruiting well.

So far what we have learned is that they took away all his coaching staff and gave duel roles to him and Burnie and the team played like shit. They then completed a review that said those cost cutting measures you made were f**king stupid and we recruited again accordingly......now they have that in place, we have started 2-0 for the first time in a long time......

It's early days but the cost cutting after the successful 2017 season may just be the biggest factor in our 2018 form......go figure........

Kornstar

Coach
Well since 2017. But it's only the 4th time since 1998 that we have done it.

Ok, good point, should have done my research a little better. I knew it was 4 times since 1998 i just didn't look at the most recent time.

Coincidently though it was 2017 when we finished 4th........

Djay

Juniors
I don't think us failing to beat the reining premiers would be any kind of black mark against BA. Assuming the team look as well prepared and disciplined as they have been so far.

I can't imagine anyone would go into Friday nights game expecting us to win. I'm just expecting to see the team out in for the whole 80 and not drop their heads the entire game.

A win would be a huge bonus, but I'll be happy if we are just in the contest for the whole game.
That is all I am asking for at this stage.

I just wanna see us compete for the 80 mins and stay with them, that I can live with.

If we can defend well like we have been and show some mental toughness that there is enough to show we really are different this year.

eels_fan

First Grade
3 tough games up next, but hopefully we can close out our tenure at ANZ with at least 1 from 2 in the next fortnight.

Canberra away always seems to trouble us.

I’d be more then happy to run out on Easter Monday with a 3 and 2 record. 4 & 1 would be a massive achievement,

Eelogical

Referee
That is all I am asking for at this stage.

I just wanna see us compete for the 80 mins and stay with them, that I can live with.

If we can defend well like we have been and show some mental toughness that there is enough to show we really are different this year.
There's no reason why we can't compete based on what we've seen so far. Sure, they've looked rusty at times and they're are going to lose a few along the way. I'm glad we're playing the premiers.

There's no reason why we can't compete based on what we've seen so far. Sure, they've looked rusty at times and they're are going to lose a few along the way. I'm glad we're playing the premiers.

Yeh, we're obviously underdogs, but this isn't a bad time to play the Chooks. We should be revved up, and haven't yet had the confidence knocked out of us.