What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

IFR33K

Coach
Early bump.

Hopefully this doesn’t get bumped to often in season 19.

So how long does BA get before a call is made? I’d say most fans are happy with the additions to the roster for this season. I guess everyone would be happier if we added a hooker to the squad.

I say we asses the season at around round 8. If there’s vast improvement, then he sees out the season. If not, immediate release/sack. I’d put a hold on a contract extension till around rounds 12-16. If we’re firmly embedded in the 8, then being talks about an extension.

Thoughts?

Avenger

Immortal
By his own admission during a recent interview he said that being 0 and 6 last year killed our season. Anything similar and he gets sacked before we open the stadium.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon he will see out his contract. That doesn't mean his replacement wont be known at some stage throughout this season.
Results are important obviously but for mine its more so the way we play. A repetition of past tactics wont help his cause. Can BA reinvent himself? I say no but I sure as hell hope he can.
Go Parra.

Gronk

Staff member
Early bump.

Hopefully this doesn’t get bumped to often in season 19.

So how long does BA get before a call is made? I’d say most fans are happy with the additions to the roster for this season. I guess everyone would be happier if we added a hooker to the squad.

I say we asses the season at around round 8. If there’s vast improvement, then he sees out the season. If not, immediate release/sack. I’d put a hold on a contract extension till around rounds 12-16. If we’re firmly embedded in the 8, then being talks about an extension.

Thoughts?

Right now I reckon the odds are that we will be extended, rather than replace.

UNLESS they can secure a gun coach to take us forward. No point chopping him for a nuffy.

I don't know anything about Justin Holbrook, but his resume reads pretty nice. Lower grades coach for Dogs and Eels Assistant coach to Trent Robinson. U21 Kangaroos coach. St Helens coach for last 3 years with 75% win record. I guess it depends if he likes the UK or wants to come home.

Problem with transitioning into a new coach is that we have a war chest for 2020 to spend on a bunch of players and you would prefer the new coach to be involved with recruitment. Having said that, we have a recruitment committee now and I guess this can all happen without the coach ?

Avenger

Immortal
He still cant coach for shit. Piss him off!!!
He’s coaching better because he got rid of Norman and Hayne. He also is receiving help from a proper assistant coach with NRL first grade experience.

He also has a football manager that is recruiting well.

Latest posts