What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"When Souths are going well, rugby league is going well"

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not really, there will be very little growth in crowd avg this year despite sth's doing well. Go figure!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths look to be a top 4 team for the first time in a generation and that same year we get a record tv rights deal.

Coincidence? I don't know. I don't know.

Snappy

Coach
What a load of crap. Souffs have been shit for the best part of 40 years, and the game has done well in that time.

Feej

First Grade
God I hate that term with a passion. The game seemed to be traveling okay every time they've been in the doldrums. Who gives a crap whether they're doing well or not?

Mr Saab

Referee
League was great in 2000/1 when there were no Souffs...
League was pretty good in 2003/4 when souffs got the spoon....also in 2006

Swamp

Juniors
While I might not agree with the statement I do agree with the sentiment, just insert the team of your choice. For instance the Eels in '81, the Raiders in '89, the Knights in '97, the Panthers in '03. There is not a better feeling when your team goes all the way & the town, city or region gets behind them. That's when you know that RL is doing well.
Should Souths get to the GF & win, the stirrings of emotions for thousands, even if they are just bandwagoners, is a win for RL. Therefore I say, go the Rabbitohs!

Saint Doc

Coach
I think it's true.

"you're only as strong as your weakest link".

Proof that if souffs are doing well, the league must be on fire

natheel

Coach
oh please. NRL is doing fine. The game would have landed a tv rights deal whether souths were last or first. As long as fans are still turning up to games, buying merch, supporting their sides that to me is a good sign that league is doing well! not because one side is doing well.

simostorm

Bench
Souths.. look at how Much better they are compared to 10 years ago. They are now able to attract he top players and are a genuine threat to win it all. Good on yous.