What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"When Souths are going well, rugby league is going well"

Swarzey

Bench
I think it comes down to seeing teams such as Parra, Penrith and Wests doing well. The mood surrounding the NRL in the first half of the season felt pretty damn good seeing those teams win games and doing well. Whether it's because it felt like a breath of fresh air seeing the usual top teams struggling or whatever, I hope for the sake of the game they repeat their efforts next season and secure top 8 finishes.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Souths look to be a top 4 team for the first time in a generation and that same year we get a record tv rights deal.

Coincidence? I don't know. I don't know.

So in BM'S mind the TV deal has a direct correlation to Souths doing well?

:crazy::crazy:

BM you think the TV deal being so large is all to do with Souths....:lol::lol::lol:

BranVan3000

Coach
Parramatta became the 1st team in history in 2011 to break the 400,000 audience mark on Foxtel against the Cowboys

Parramatta hold the finals attendance record of 74k against the Doggies

Parramatta had the highest regular season crowd this season against the Tigers

Parramatta had 20k members this season despite 2 wooden spoons in a row and only just missing the wooden spoon the year before

Parramatta will get 25k members next year despite finishing 12th,14th,16th,16th and 10th in the past 5 years,
No other team would get close to 25k members with a run like that

Bow to us you plodding slubberdegullion's
Rabbitohs had 20k members in 2011 when they had made one finals series in 20 years, and had finished out the 8 for the previous five years.

Now they are at 30k, best in the league. And far higher crowd attendances than Parramatta and the Dogs and another Sydney team.

Rabbitohs hold the record for the largest regular season crowd of all time

Joker's Wild

Coach
RL is only going well when its weakest team is going well

Until the Titans are consistently growing crowds and memberships, RL still has plenty of work to do

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well crowds are static and TV down so I guess not?
Reality is NRL carries some deadwood clubs for a variety of reasons in terms of club popularity and given the inaction by the NRL to significantly improve attendance coupled with Ch9's ineptitude at showing the game in way that will grow audiences it will take a perfect storm of the right 8 teams to be challenging to see much difference in the next 3 years imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbitohs had 20k members in 2011 when they had made one finals series in 20 years, and had finished out the 8 for the previous five years.

Now they are at 30k, best in the league. And far higher crowd attendances than Parramatta and the Dogs and another Sydney team.

Rabbitohs hold the record for the largest regular season crowd of all time

Agreed. Geez it's hilarious:D all the jealousy on here at the moment! Lol

Go the mighty Bunnies!:)