What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"When Souths are going well, rugby league is going well"

Ziggy the God

First Grade
That phrase is used far too frequently, better to use 'Pride of the League'. Punchier.

The Book of Feuds has a section on it for those interested, so it must be true.

Probably a Wiki too, although I haven't looked it up, but if so, that would add weight to the argument.

In any case, forget about the Billion, that Gallop was turfed in the same year that we won more than 3 games, does not scream coincidence to me.

macavity

Referee
While I might not agree with the statement I do agree with the sentiment, just insert the team of your choice. For instance the Eels in '81, the Raiders in '89, the Knights in '97, the Panthers in '03. There is not a better feeling when your team goes all the way & the town, city or region gets behind them. That's when you know that RL is doing well.
Should Souths get to the GF & win, the stirrings of emotions for thousands, even if they are just bandwagoners, is a win for RL. Therefore I say, go the Rabbitohs!

I look forward to the people of Homebush getting behind their Rabbitohs.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
It is the anticipation of failure that drives the game to be so great when the Bunnies make the finals. Everybody is so excited to see what magnificent method the Bunnies will remove themselves from contention again.

A choke this year, and there will be enough memes to keep this forum going for 5 years.

Galeforce

Bench
well i know i am happy when Souths are doing well.

Pure coincidence that the best media deal ever , by far, is signed the year Souths are going well? go figure

Bumble

First Grade
It is the anticipation of failure that drives the game to be so great when the Bunnies make the finals. Everybody is so excited to see what magnificent method the Bunnies will remove themselves from contention again.

A choke this year, and there will be enough memes to keep this forum going for 5 years.

:?

They're going to go into the finals 4th or 5th favourites to win the comp.

How exactly could they 'choke'? From here, it's all a bonus to me.

False, just like your signature.

When Usain Bolt is going well, Melbourne Storm is going well.
When the mining boom is going well, Melbourne Storm is going well.

It is all True.

We will do it this year for Bellamy. Its time for redemption.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
When Usain Bolt is going well, Melbourne Storm is going well.
When the mining boom is going well, Melbourne Storm is going well.

It is all True.

We will do it this year for Bellamy. Its time for redemption.

Redemption for what? For being ousted as the worst salary cap breach in history?

age.s

First Grade
Souths look to be a top 4 team for the first time in a generation and that same year we get a record tv rights deal.

Coincidence? I don't know. I don't know.

Pure coincidence that the best media deal ever , by far, is signed the year Souths are going well? go figure

I can't believe anyone would give such a geniused suggestion any credence whatsoever.

Oh wait, yes I can.

PS: Souffs are responsible for about 1/16th of the game's success.

BranVan3000

Coach
How can this even be debated? RUGBY LEAGUE almost died in Australia because Souths weren't playing well in the 90s I'm not sure if there were some other minor factors involved but leading experts and historians will tell you that the sport almost died because of a direct connection to Souths performances and financial deterioration. Souths were let back in to the sport, but in direction correlation; the code and Souths both struggled up until 2006 with poor results, poor financial situation (Shit TV deal) etc. in 2007 Souths situation improved and like the NRL, the financial situation and on field results have improved every year. This is no coincidence. Now in 2012, all because of Souths making the finals, the game has become valued at a billion dollars. Expert analysis links the poor results the NRL have had as being due to the voodoo curse placed on the South Sydney club in 1990. The voodoo witch (employed by the Roosters club at the time) did not realise the irrevocable link that South Sydney has to the success of the game otherwise the curse may not have been placed. As with all curses, it has a 21 year expiration date before it can be fully exorcised.

Galeforce

Bench
I can't believe anyone would give such a geniused suggestion any credence whatsoever.

Oh wait, yes I can.

PS: Souffs are responsible for about 1/16th of the game's success.

:lol:whatever :lol: if you really believe that supporter base and interest is 1/16th for each club , you are a major dope!!

Supporter base is NOT equal . Interest is NOT equal. I will not even try to determine what it is , however i DO KNOW that it is NOT EQUAL.
i have nothing bad to say about the Panthers however i feel comfortable to say that Souths have more australia wide interest and supporters than Panthers.It aint equal

Snappy

Coach
How can this even be debated? RUGBY LEAGUE almost died in Australia because Souths weren't playing well in the 90s I'm not sure if there were some other minor factors involved but leading experts and historians will tell you that the sport almost died because of a direct connection to Souths performances and financial deterioration. Souths were let back in to the sport, but in direction correlation; the code and Souths both struggled up until 2006 with poor results, poor financial situation (Shit TV deal) etc. in 2007 Souths situation improved and like the NRL, the financial situation and on field results have improved every year. This is no coincidence. Now in 2012, all because of Souths making the finals, the game has become valued at a billion dollars. Expert analysis links the poor results the NRL have had as being due to the voodoo curse placed on the South Sydney club in 1990. The voodoo witch (employed by the Roosters club at the time) did not realise the irrevocable link that South Sydney has to the success of the game otherwise the curse may not have been placed. As with all curses, it has a 21 year expiration date before it can be fully exorcised.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal

haha, quality Andrew Gee-up there

natheel

Coach
Double post

just noticed i;m in your sig. gee didn't sandow get dropped haha loved it. i was taking the piss when i wrote that never thought sandow would be so silly. but he obviously loves big hits, smiles everytime he is either hit or given a big hit. good to see though

Latest posts