What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"When Souths are going well, rugby league is going well"

Fiddy

Juniors
Don't worry about all those poor crowd figures and awful membership numbers guys.

Souths got dis. Get jealous.:cool:

BranVan3000

Coach
I would say dogs fan are the most passionate in the League, some bad eggs there but still a great fanbase and always large numbers regardless of results. Souths fans tend to disappear when things aren't going well. That said it seems the majority of new fans to the game over the last few years have taken Souths as their team, they are doing the right things to promote the team (and getting a heap of free to air games helps), will be interesting how many of these fans will stay around during the tough times.

As for membership I really think it is irrelevant, unless we reach a point where games are consistently sold out and you need a membership to get to a game then it really means nothing. Also numbers propped up by pet memberships and crap like that, membership numbers means about the same as facebook likes to me.

Dogs were leading the comp for half the year, still ended up at only 15.4k average for the year vs 19.8k average for Souths

And memberships are a very legitimate source to estimate interest in a team, especially considering they aren't free. Every membership is somebody putting their hard earned into the club

Facebook Likes are a good social metric for interest as well. I haven't looked for awhile but I'm sure Souths are the best there too.

Last edited:

Fiddy

Juniors
Dogs were leading the comp for half the year, still ended up at only 15.4k average for the year vs 19.8k average for Souths

And memberships are a very legitimate source to estimate interest in a team, especially considering they aren't free. Every membership is somebody putting their hard earned into the club

Facebook Likes are a good social metric for interest as well. I haven't looked for awhile but I'm sure Souths are the best there too.

Don't bother with facts - the people here are blind they refuse to see past the glasses of jealousy

BunniesMan

Immortal
Our facebook likes are way ahead.

309k v 236k.

Two consecutive years of bigger crowds.

This grand final is between the 2 biggest teams in Sydney which is awesome. But every rational person knows who is number 1 and number 2.

Delboy

First Grade

This grand final is between the 2 biggest teams in Sydney which is awesome. But every rational person knows who is number 1 and number 2.

BM, think you may be stretching the truth a bit, although the Eels have struggled recently, would say they have the bigger supporter base compared to one of the 2 GFers. not a big deal , but worth mentioning :p

bottle

Coach

309k v 236k.

Fiddy is a number 1.
You are definitely a number 2.

BranVan3000

Coach
BM, think you may be stretching the truth a bit, although the Eels have struggled recently, would say they have the bigger supporter base compared to one of the 2 GFers. not a big deal , but worth mentioning :p

Eels have the biggest supporter base based on what?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eels have the biggest supporter base based on what?

Parramatta became the 1st team in history in 2011 to break the 400,000 audience mark on Foxtel against the Cowboys

Parramatta hold the finals attendance record of 74k against the Doggies

Parramatta had the highest regular season crowd this season against the Tigers

Parramatta had 20k members this season despite 2 wooden spoons in a row and only just missing the wooden spoon the year before

Parramatta will get 25k members next year despite finishing 12th,14th,16th,16th and 10th in the past 5 years,
No other team would get close to 25k members with a run like that

Bow to us you plodding slubberdegullion's

kbw

Bench
No doubt Souths have the greatest fans in the League. I know a lot of people who support other teams who agree we are the most passionate and want Souths to win this Sunday.

Plenty of doubt, every club has great supporters, but $ouff$ has some of the most feral and viral fans there are. They have some great fans that understand that the whole RL community can be like a family. But they have more than any other club that can't believe $ouff$ are not the only team in the comp.

I know some supporters of other clubs that want $ouff$ to win, but you know what they most of those want $ouff$ to win just to get it over and done with.

But many more want them to lose because of the self righteous nature and the ignorance of many of their fans

BlueandGold

Juniors

309k v 236k.

You are on crack if you think the Doggies have more support then the Hayne train Eels...:lol::lol:

BlueandGold

Juniors
Parramatta became the 1st team in history in 2011 to break the 400,000 audience mark on Foxtel against the Cowboys

Parramatta hold the finals attendance record of 74k against the Doggies

Parramatta had the highest regular season crowd this season against the Tigers

Parramatta had 20k members this season despite 2 wooden spoons in a row and only just missing the wooden spoon the year before

Parramatta will get 25k members next year despite finishing 12th,14th,16th,16th and 10th in the past 5 years,
No other team would get close to 25k members with a run like that

Bow to us you plodding slubberdegullion's

Let me add to your post Haynetrain..

Parramatta ave 18900 this year more then the doggies and after nearly 3 wooden spoons.

Parra also have more Facebook likes then the doggies. Parra 257k Doggies 236k

Parra can also pull 30k during finals against an out of town team like the titans. Doggies and Eagles could only get 28k in the finals this year.

The only area were the doggies are bigger is in the canterbury leagues club revenue and even that is a close race these days due to WSW propping up Parra leagues.

Fiddy

Juniors
Please no one shows up to eels games. that crowd was probably mostly tigers anyway enough about those teams this thread is about the greatest club in history, South Sydney