What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"When Souths are going well, rugby league is going well"

Lambretta

First Grade
Its actually been a shit comp cause the Saints havent been travelling well, the euphoria around the 2010 grand final win wont be replicated anytime soon when another club wins it. Saints by far create the biggest and best atmosphere at grand finals....with pure red n white crowd domination.

You lot were a f**king shoe in that year and bought up all the tickets. No other team knew they were going to get there and by the time anyone worked out who was going to be there the pre sales (the vast majority of tickets) were all pre sold to Saints fans expecting to be there.

It wasn't a great atmosphere in the stadium on the day BECAUSE the crowd was so one sided. There was just no back and forth between the fans. Admittedly you did make one hell of a racket when you knew you were going to win.

Had Souths made the Grand Final last year they would have owned Homebush entirely. They pre bought as many tickets as the Dragons did in 2010. The internet was awash with tickets for sale when Souths tanked.

I reckon this year will be a better atmosphere. Souths fans will be there in the majority, but Dogs fans will be out in force as well creating a genuinely great atmosphere on the day.

Lambretta

First Grade
When $ouff$ are doing well, crowds are down , TV audiences are down.
More people than ever are disappointed with the NRL

The TV audiences being less than stellar has f**k all to do with the success of team a or team b this year and more TV the scheduling being done a season in advance

Who the f**k wants to watch two teams out of finals contention scrapping around at the arse end of the table with largely second string sides as they've been cruelled by injuries?

Some of the games scheduled for Channel 9 this year have been awful - no fault of Channel 9 - they don't have a crystal ball.

Towards the end of the season when the big games were being shown the audiences went back up.

I'd like to compromise with only the first 10 games pre-scheduled and the rest rolled out as the season goes, five rounds at a time.

kbw

Bench
The TV audiences being less than stellar has f**k all to do with the success of team a or team b this year and more TV the scheduling being done a season in advance

no but it has a lot to do with how RL going and RL is not going well and $ouff$ are, so it blows that old chestnet out of the water

Flapper

First Grade
no but it has a lot to do with how RL going and RL is not going well and $ouff$ are, so it blows that old chestnet out of the water

Rugby League is fine. You, however, aren't. Seek help.

ram raid

Bench
It will be good when Souths finally win because we won't have to hear about this 40 years shit all the time and then some other clubs can get some attention. I'm pretty sure even Souths fans are sick of it at this point.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Record grand final ratings are predicted. Our prelim already is the most watched non gf game ever. Bigger crowds than anyone in Sydney, including teams with premiers in very recent history.

On LU, people hate Souths because they have a weird fetish for me but looking at it rationally South Sydney is special.

IF we win I would predict 40,000 members and 27,000 average crowd in 2015.

dogslife

Coach
People will be signing up dead relatives in their droves! Rusty could go on Letterman and hand out memberships to audience members like Oprah used to

papabear

Juniors
Record grand final ratings are predicted. Our prelim already is the most watched non gf game ever. Bigger crowds than anyone in Sydney, including teams with premiers in very recent history.

On LU, people hate Souths because they have a weird fetish for me but looking at it rationally South Sydney is special.

IF we win I would predict 40,000 members and 27,000 average crowd in 2015.

your crowds will go down if your performances go down next year.

Also all the fun of breaking the drought will be gone. Kinda like st George.

also you commenting on crowd figures when you never go to games, is kind of wrong.

papabear

Juniors

Who the f**k wants to watch two teams out of finals contention scrapping around at the arse end of the table with largely second string sides as they've been cruelled by injuries?

Some of the games scheduled for Channel 9 this year have been awful - no fault of Channel 9 - they don't have a crystal ball.

Towards the end of the season when the big games were being shown the audiences went back up.

I'd like to compromise with only the first 10 games pre-scheduled and the rest rolled out as the season goes, five rounds at a time.
I tend to agree I don't think fixed scheduling is that marvellous.

That said, its also the NRL playing favourites with their favourite sides which no one wants to watch especially when they are going shit... ummm like the roosters.

forby

Juniors
Need to have a fair draw where every team gets a share of each time slot both FTA and Fox. No more Brisbane FNF! Share Mondays between all clubs, and get rid of Saturday afternoons. 5:30 pm is the earliest it should be!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Souths do it I can't wait for all the jealousy and garbage excuses people will try to come up with on why they should have lost.

It would be hilarious!

No doubt Souths have the greatest fans in the League. I know a lot of people who support other teams who agree we are the most passionate and want Souths to win this Sunday.

Our membership base is going up and up. It will continue to go up to.

We are getting new members from all around the world too.

I will say Dogs fans are very passionate too but there are a lot who aren't members. They won't make that next step of commitment.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
If Souths do it I can't wait for all the jealousy and garbage excuses people will try to come up with on why they should have lost.

It would be hilarious!

No doubt Souths have the greatest fans in the League. I know a lot of people who support other teams who agree we are the most passionate and want Souths to win this Sunday.

I will say Dogs fans are very passionate too but there are a lot who aren't members. They won't make that next step of commitment.

I would say dogs fan are the most passionate in the League, some bad eggs there but still a great fanbase and always large numbers regardless of results. Souths fans tend to disappear when things aren't going well. That said it seems the majority of new fans to the game over the last few years have taken Souths as their team, they are doing the right things to promote the team (and getting a heap of free to air games helps), will be interesting how many of these fans will stay around during the tough times.

As for membership I really think it is irrelevant, unless we reach a point where games are consistently sold out and you need a membership to get to a game then it really means nothing. Also numbers propped up by pet memberships and crap like that, membership numbers means about the same as facebook likes to me.

bottle

Coach
Fans of the club I support are the most passionate by far.
It was tested on a passionate meter.
We won.

ram raid

Bench
Need to have a fair draw where every team gets a share of each time slot both FTA and Fox. No more Brisbane FNF! Share Mondays between all clubs, and get rid of Saturday afternoons. 5:30 pm is the earliest it should be!

They should just show the Broncs/Cows/Titans games up in QLD and show NSW teams down here.

Jason Maher

Immortal
your crowds will go down if your performances go down next year.

Also all the fun of breaking the drought will be gone. Kinda like st George.

also you commenting on crowd figures when you never go to games, is kind of wrong.

Congrats on biting one of the most obvious trolls ever.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I know a lot of people who think souths fans are the least passionate and want souths to lose this Sunday.
Of course you are. Is Oprah signing up again?

Liddell

Juniors

Then you have people stuck watching the shit teams nobody cares about like Canberra and we all whinge about the fixed draw again.

Just leave the teams that rate on FTA.

Last edited: