What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where could/should/will the NRL be in 10 years time?

beave

Coach
the swans have had up to 60K members recently & play to crowds of 35K , yet still barely make ends meet. The Lions posted multi million dollar loss after loss after loss .. shortly after making 4 GF' in a row s & winning 3 premierships in a row

the Storm are the most successful on field team in any code in the country yet would go broke tomorrow without financial assistance.

maybe we need to accept expansion teams in non heartland markets just don't work.

Genuine question, what extra money are the Storm given above what every other club gets from the NRL?

I

ts more akin to them bringing in fremantle and port Adelaide. We’re just 30 years behind!
swans are profitable, get one of the lower grants in afl and have the largest active supporter base in Sydney!

what “financial assistance“ are the Storm getting? They certainly don’t need $5mill a year to stay afloat from a pokie den like some heartland clubs still do.

its very naive, and very rugby league, to believe we can close the gap on afl by just adding more clubs to our existing markets and not go for a national Capital city footprint.

brisbane2 is a no brainer, and 25 years kate, but the next club has to be an investment in the future growth of new markets, be it perth, nz or Adelaide. I’d put it to tender for those three locations and see who can present the strongest bid.
why choose 2018 lol
they lost 510K in 2019

seriously you are the worst cherry picker & select facts to suit your agenda poster I've seen

the swans lost 6.5 million in 2020 & probably the same in 2021 & compare them to the broncos who made 2.5 million profit in 2020

we don't need a capital city footprint
the above proves it

Perth Red

Post Whore
why choose 2018 lol
they lost 510K in 2019

seriously you are the worst cherry picker & select facts to suit your agenda poster I've seen

the swans lost 6.5 million in 2020 & probably the same in 2021 & compare them to the broncos who made 2.5 million profit in 2020

we don't need a capital city footprint
the above proves it
So you’re going to ignore 8 years of market trend for one year of exceptional results. And you call me a cherry picker lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
post them all & lets see
2011 to 2019
are you suggesting they are falsifying their accounts and then lying every year? Lol

I notice you’ve conveniently ignored the stat about their membership and attendancendwarfing any NRL club in Sydney. But yeh waste of time trying to grow the game in new markets, sheesh.

flippikat

First Grade
brisbane2 is a no brainer, and 25 years late, but the next club has to be an investment in the future growth of new markets, be it perth, nz or Adelaide. I’d put it to tender for those three locations and see who can present the strongest bid.
Precisely.

It SHOULD be an open bidding process - open to bids OUTSIDE NSW, Qld & Victoria (we don't need a 2nd Melbourne team at the moment) and measure them against each other.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Precisely.

It SHOULD be an open bidding process - open to bids OUTSIDE NSW, Qld & Victoria (we don't need a 2nd Melbourne team at the moment) and measure them against each other.
I think once the business world knows there is definitely going to be an 18th club and it could be in any of those locations we could see some really strong consortiums or rich owners putting in a bid. Just in perth we have three mulit millionaires wanting to own the club along with NS bears super keen to partner with anyone they can And who knows what other global sports ownership entities are out there that would like to get involved. Be very interesting.

Perth Red

Post Whore
they're privately owned , id hate to think what their owner is needing to pump in out of his own money
Haha, they are owned by businessmen who would offload them in a heartbeat if they weren’t a good investment. Keep muck raking with zero evidence and making Sht up.

meanwhile, thank goodness you have Pokies sapping money out of the community to cover your clubs losses!

are you suggesting they are falsifying their accounts and then lying every year? Lol

I notice you’ve conveniently ignored the stat about their membership and attendancendwarfing any NRL club in Sydney. But yeh waste of time trying to grow the game in new markets, sheesh.

i made note of their membership & crowds contributing to profits the local hamburger shop wouldn't be happy with

115K profit in 2011
100K in 2017
53K in 2016 ( & they made the GF lol)

19 cancelled out 18

i said they barely makde ends meet

& im totally correct

Pippen94

First Grade
I

ts more akin to them bringing in fremantle and port Adelaide. We’re just 30 years behind!
swans are profitable, get one of the lower grants in afl and have the largest active supporter base in Sydney!

what “financial assistance“ are the Storm getting? They certainly don’t need $5mill a year to stay afloat from a pokie den like some heartland clubs still do.

its very naive, and very rugby league, to believe we can close the gap on afl by just adding more clubs to our existing markets and not go for a national Capital city footprint.

brisbane2 is a no brainer, and 25 years kate, but the next club has to be an investment in the future growth of new markets, be it perth, nz or Adelaide. I’d put it to tender for those three locations and see who can present the strongest bid.

Swans haven't had two losing seasons in a row. Lots of things from league goes into keeping them winning

Perth Red

Post Whore
exceptional for them
but not for us ??

hahaha

keep going please
They are much more revenue reliant on crowds, hence why it has impacted them much greater. They also haven’t withdrawn massive funding from development and grassroots like nrl has. Havent sacked half their staff and haven’t given away their digital arm.

anyway back to Storm, any evidence of owners tipping in millions? Here’s some evidence they are doing no such thing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
i made note of their membership & crowds contributing to profits the local hamburger shop wouldn't be happy with

115K profit in 2011
100K in 2017
53K in 2016 ( & they made the GF lol)

19 cancelled out 18

i said they barely makde ends meet

& im totally correct
They aren’t a profit making company, they just need to be break even and the expansion is cost neutral. only a fool couldn’t see the impact afl growth has had in nsw. But yeh sticking to our two states is going to take nrl to great heights!

Haha, they are owned by businessmen who would offload them in a heartbeat if they weren’t a good investment. Keep muck raking with zero evidence and making Sht up.

meanwhile, thank goodness you have Pokies sapping money out of the community to cover your clubs losses!

are you suggesting they're making money ?
& enough helen love joy

no one gives a f**k about your anti poker machine crusade anymore

Latest posts