What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the centre we are chasing?

How many backrowers does Smithy need? Our backline is looking thredbare for next year. Anyone have a slight idea who we may be after if anyone? Part of me thinks we will sign a major backline talent in 2009 as in Smith is waiting for the right one to come along.

otori

Juniors
There really isn't a lot on the market this year. We will have an alright group of centres next year with Lulia, Naiqama, Sau, Mika and Luke McDougall. But yeah we need a player to either step up and become a star or buy one because our backline isn't spectacular without Kids.

keeney

First Grade
Vuna is in the process of standing up, and with a full year behind him I think Lulia will be more than adequate.

Spike

First Grade
If we are to chase a centre, I doubt it will be anyone which would easily come to mind in regards to players that are off contract. Probably another NSW Cup or Toyota Cup player. There's also the likes of Callan Richardson and Simon Williams who could come into contention for centre.

MSKnight

Juniors
Ben Harris, sure his not bringing the house down for the Cowboys but he did play for Country and had a good game.

Good Defensively and one of the dogs best in 2004.

Big Tim

First Grade
My vote is for Callan Richardson. He has bulked up alot this year, and he even played in the backrow last time out.

The Devil

Bench
Mika doesn't have a future in the backline IMO. He'd be another backrower playing centre, which isn't what we need.

Jono078

Referee
If we are to go buy a centre it has to be a good one, nothing like Ben Harris. Id rather just use what we have instead of getting a Ben Harris.

Yosh

Coach
If we are to go buy a centre it has to be a good one, nothing like Ben Harris. Id rather just use what we have instead of getting a Ben Harris.

Agreed Harris is of the crap. You dont leave at age like 23 to ESL if your a good player man.

keeney

First Grade
It's probably best we tie up what we have with our money instead of going shopping anyway. Keeping our current centres while re-signing Dureau and Royal, is much better than losing either for a new centre.

League_God

Juniors
1.Kurt Gidley
2.Akuila Uate
3.Wes Naquima
4.Junior Sau
5.Cooper Vuna

that backline has potential.....it just needs time to gel.
aku has improved defensively imo.
sau hardly has defencive issues in NSW cup.
if sau and aku continue to improve on there defence that has to be the backline.

League_God

Juniors
lol honestly......5 mins here and there of all their home games....
lol at least im not going to sit here and pretend i watch all the games and im some kind of expert.....surely i get points for that?? lol
i take it you do watch the nsw cup games... obviously the footy i do see sau and aku play are there best moments :(

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1.Kurt Gidley
2.Akuila Uate
3.Wes Naquima
4.Junior Sau
5.Cooper Vuna

that backline has potential.....it just needs time to gel.
aku has improved defensively imo.
sau hardly has defencive issues in NSW cup.
if sau and aku continue to improve on there defence that has to be the backline.

Throw in luke macdougall and lulia and we have enough players in the backline without having to buy anyone else. In the past we needed plenty of back ups with the injury prone robbie o'davis, adam macdougall, darren albert and timana tahu, but next year we should be sweet.