What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the F##K is the conversion??!!!!!!!!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wether he put the bet on or not,he still drives a good point were it should be within the rules that a team must take a shot at goal to satisfy the gaming public for those that had the score either way.

rubbish

if a team is down by 8 points and scores with 1 minute to go they could decline to kick at goal just so they get 1 opportunity to get the ball again and possibly score off the kick off to send it to golden point or even win if they converted the try

typicalfan

Coach
I had $10 on a 40-10 scoreline so I was grateful when the kick was declined.

Maybe Rabs forgot some of the punters after all :D

Hanscholo

Bench
As much as I like to see Mark f**kup on that kick, its kinda indicative of Brisbane's on and off attitude that they didnt bother to take the kick. They are a piss weak mental side. I for one made a lot on the 13+ because i knew that attitude was going to come back as soon as something went against them, just like it did all season. A pretty disgraceful way to end the season, not even bothering with the kick. That side needs a massive attitude adjustment.

Grail

Juniors
Many years ago, I had a friend who missed out on about $150,000 on a footy tab pick the margins. The reason he missed out? John Simon (playing for Illawarra at the time), kicked a field goal with 10 seconds remaining in a game when they were already leading by 12. That pushed the margin out to 13+ and not the 1-12 that he had. Considering that he had picked a draw in that round and a couple upsets, the $$ value for the ticket was astronomical.

He was very upset to say the least. He didn't go to TAFE for a whole week, just stayed at home and got drunk.

GongPanther

Referee
The street SP bookies were illegal operators that you could ring them from home (or usually at the pub on any Saturday) with your "credit" depending on your reputation on paying back.

At the end of the day (or when ever it was convenient) you were either payed or you coughed up if you owed at a designated "location".

I never got into it so its a rough description that I've given.

The SP's gave you better odds than the TAB as well.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
As much as I like to see Mark f**kup on that kick, its kinda indicative of Brisbane's on and off attitude that they didnt bother to take the kick. They are a piss weak mental side. I for one made a lot on the 13+ because i knew that attitude was going to come back as soon as something went against them, just like it did all season. A pretty disgraceful way to end the season, not even bothering with the kick. That side needs a massive attitude adjustment.

I don't see how not taking a kick in the last minute of your season, a completely meaningless one at 40-10, qualifies you as a 'piss weak mental side'.

If they were such a 'piss weak mental side', wouldn't they have merely kicked the ball out to touch rather than chip ahead to score through Folau? I think so. Therefore your comment is pretty ridiculous.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
He should firstly,and with a level head,phone the betting agency explaining the situation and his unsatisfactory feeling in regards to the outcome.

And when all he can hear is laughter down the other end of the phone what should he do then :lol:

It's in the rules to decline a kick so there is nothing that can be done :D

markieboy

Juniors
Hi

I have great news!! The betting agency has agreed to pay out my $7,000. Common sense prevailed in the end.

Flapper

First Grade
Re-reading this thread, the amount of morons going "ha ha gambler you deserve sh*t" is shocking. Of course the rule to decline the conversion is legal, but to bag someone out for gambling is absurd, it's like giving people sh*t for wasting their money on the piss.

Ulysseus

Bench
The street SP bookies were illegal operators that you could ring them from home (or usually at the pub on any Saturday) with your "credit" depending on your reputation on paying back.

At the end of the day (or when ever it was convenient) you were either payed or you coughed up if you owed at a designated "location".

I never got into it so its a rough description that I've given.

The SP's gave you better odds than the TAB as well.

Thats about the bones of it, speaking of bones, if you didn't pay up then a few became endangered.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Come on, it's obvious this is bullsh*t. What betting agency in their right mind is going to pay out a bet that didn't win?

"Yes markieboy, your bet didn't actually come through and win, but we'll pay you $7k out of the generosity of our hearts, that is the business we're in afterall" :roll:

Stick to the old Fujitsu ads in the future I reckon Mark.

Hi

I have great news!! The betting agency has agreed to pay out my $7,000. Common sense prevailed in the end.

I work at a TAB, I can tell you, this is bullsh*t, I can't imagine myself paying out 7 grand to someone who thinks they were hard done by, and I can't imagine anyone else who I work with doing so either.

Re-reading this thread, the amount of morons going "ha ha gambler you deserve sh*t" is shocking. Of course the rule to decline the conversion is legal, but to bag someone out for gambling is absurd, it's like giving people sh*t for wasting their money on the piss.

No one is saying that. When you gamble there is always risk of this stuff happening, it's part of the game.

Latest posts