What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will SBW rank among the game's best ever second rowers?

TheDalek079

Bench
Sonny is humble. He doesn't drink alcohol. He walked out on a scumbag club. He has a superb work ethic. He is extremely motivated and works hard to achieve his goals. He is an incredible role model.

GONZO72

Juniors
Sonny is humble. He doesn't drink alcohol. He walked out on a scumbag club. He has a superb work ethic. He is extremely motivated and works hard to achieve his goals. He is an incredible role model.

Absolutely 100% spot on. The only change I would make, is substitute scumbag for toxic .

Fat Krion

Juniors
Yes but you ignored my first comment champ. Dogs were happy to get rid of Barba - his time at that club was done. The players knew what had happened and he was on the outer. Plus, Barba was on less money at the time, only paid out the last season of his contract (not 4 and half like Money Bill Williams), and you know, asked the club for a release. Not cowardly running away.

I do however players shouldn't be role models (Barba case in point). I however didn't put the label on SBW as a role model, others did.

Barba forced the clubs hand with his off field behaviour...one can argue that the behaviour was staged to gain a release from the Dogs.

SBW did break a contract however as mentioned by others he paid a release amount to the Dogs and wasn't permitted to play in the NRL for five years.

Club legend of yours Gorden Tallis had a contract with ST George that he also didn't honour.
Memory serves me correct he sat out a season refusing to play for the Dragons.
I'm sure he didn't go hungry or have to get a 9 - 5 job to pay the bills in that period.

People in glass houses..........................................................

Bronco recent history

Justin Hodges...broke contract with Roosters to return to QLD and Broncos

Ben Hannant...broke contract with Dogs to return to QLD and Broncos

Ben Barba......ditto

Anthony Milford.......?

Bit of a trend developing

shiznit

Coach
Feel free to add JWH to that list (Y). Mate, I love all of those as players, like I do with SBW - you're misrepresenting what I'm saying. I just think he's a twat off the field and he continues to avoid owning up, even on that one-sided, manufactured puff piece. It took a bit of prompting from Gus to corner him into a half-baked apology.

Praise our bro and savior, SBW.

See that's what I don't get...

He apologised sincerely for what happened...

What did you want him to say???

I hear all this criticism of him for not apologising... And then when he actually does... He still gets criticised for it...

So I ask you the question.... What would you like him to say??

He's said he's sorry... He's said that if he had his time again he would have gone to the club and team mates first.

He's admitted that his name will forever be tarnished for hat he did....

What else can he say??

I just think people need to be honest and just admit that they just don't like him because of his high profile and image.

Stop crapping on about him not apologising for what he did...

Fat Krion

Juniors
See that's what I don't get...

He apologised sincerely for what happened...

What did you want him to say???

I hear all this criticism of him for not apologising... And then when he actually does... He still gets criticised for it...

So I ask you the question.... What would you like him to say??

He's said he's sorry... He's said that if he had his time again he would have gone to the club and team mates first.

He's admitted that his name will forever be tarnished for hat he did....

What else can he say??

I just think people need to be honest and just admit that they just don't like him because of his high profile and image.

Stop crapping on about him not apologising for what he did...

Here Here.

SBW is a gentleman and as a league fan i feel priveledged to have watched him this season.

If he chooses to go back to Rugby, well that would be a shame but that is his perogative and being the talent that he is i'm sure endless offers and opportunities presented are to him.

Good luck to him in whichever path he chooses.

Loudstrat

Coach
So you can break a contract, and if you "apologise sincerely" it's ok?

Thats why you are a renown f*ckwit Shiznit. I cant wait for your response when C9 dont pay the NRL anything and the game goes broke, and Gyngel the offers a "sincere apology" and that's that.

cleary89

Coach
"He even looks different, like a statue carved out of granite"

He's obv #1 in rabs most wanted to bum rankings

shiznit

Coach
So you can break a contract, and if you "apologise sincerely" it's ok?

Thats why you are a renown f*ckwit Shiznit. I cant wait for your response when C9 dont pay the NRL anything and the game goes broke, and Gyngel the offers a "sincere apology" and that's that.
Sorry to break the news to you arsewipe.... Your the only "renown" person in this thread...

Right up there with BM.

Just admit it genius... Your jealous of the guy... So you hate on him...

Your blind hatred of the guy is hilarious.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
I know you lost on your "break contract is ok if you apologise" idea when you launch into "Nerr nerr your jealous" as the entire message from your reply.

F*ck knows what I am jealous about, unless you too think I am a Doggies fan. :lol::lol:

GONZO72

Juniors
Sorry to break the news to you arsewipe.... Your the only "renown" person in this thread...

Right up there with BM.

Just admit it genius... Your jealous of the guy... So you hate on him...

Your blind hatred of the guy is hilarious.

These comments might seem a tad harsh, but when you break it down and analysis it, it is hard to argue with anything you have said.

It is a perfect summation.

Fat Krion

Juniors
I know you lost on your "break contract is ok if you apologise" idea when you launch into "Nerr nerr your jealous" as the entire message from your reply.

F*ck knows what I am jealous about, unless you too think I am a Doggies fan. :lol::lol:

Jockstrap, SBW wasn't the first and won't be the last player to break a contract.

Clubs also move players on when they feel the need.

So what's your point !

Your an imbo and argue for the sake of it in true troll fashion.

William Hopoate will be the next high profile player to break a contract, just like Josh Papali.

Jockstrap find another sport to take an interest in cause there is no future in following the eels, it is akin to supporting Cumberland or Glebe.

Continue in your current state and you will end up on medication.

Fool

shiznit

Coach

My point was easy to grasp... It was aimed at the people who moan at the guy for not apologising or showing no remorse for what he did...

Accept his apology or don't accept his apology... That's up to you... But don't come on here pretending like he hasn't apologised for what he did...

Look man... I'm all for an open argument... But what you do in the bedroom with your boyfriends is your business...

Last edited: