What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will SBW rank among the game's best ever second rowers?

Chook Norris

First Grade
I didn't realise 3rd or 4th man in, was counted with a tackle.

Bit rich coming from someone who has boasted about the importance of tackle counts in the past

Originally Posted by magpie4ever
viewpost.gif

Outside of Hayne, the last two talented young footballers Parra has brought on are Hindmarsh (Robertson) and Cayless (Wenty).

I have seen so many 40 tackle a game hard footballers not even recognised by the rep selectors or talent scouts
; and lost to Parra and, at times, the game.

bottle

Coach
Nathan Hindmarsh.
You mean the bloke who will be remembered as one of the games greatest ever back rowers?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Was Nathan Hindmarsh 1st man in, in how ever many tackles fans used to wank on about, week after week?

Never said he was, my comment was with regard to junior rep selectors overlooking defensive type players then wondering why you see NYC scores blow out.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Never said he was, my comment was with regard to junior rep selectors overlooking defensive type players then wondering why you see NYC scores blow out.

Regardless, the stats say SBW made 41 tackles in a very grueling and intense defensive game of footy. Unfortunately, as the game has evolved, one-on-one tackles aren't all that important nowadays unless you're a winger or a centre pulling off a try saving tackle. For a forward, or in general for the team, getting numbers in the tackles is what is important to slow down the play the ball. He has contributed to our defensive line not being breached and that's what counts.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Regardless, the stats say SBW made 41 tackles in a very grueling and intense defensive game of footy. Unfortunately, as the game has evolved, one-on-one tackles aren't all that important nowadays unless you're a winger or a centre pulling off a try saving tackle. For a forward, or in general for the team, getting numbers in the tackles is what is important to slow down the play the ball. He has contributed to our defensive line not being breached and that's what counts.

Fair call; but shows the falsehood of stats in the modern game (which has become a wrestling match).

Loudstrat

Coach
Last night you saw the defensive qualities of SBW.

41 massive tackles.

The man is a juggernaut

He did and he played great

116m
41 tackles
1 missed tackle

You should have watched the NRL instead of the AFL
Pathetic. Last week only bog average forwards had bit tackle stats :lol::lol:

Even Robbo was critical of their attack. I would be too if you had someone who we better than Burge, Raper, Coote, Beetson, Miles, Price,Clyde et al and could only score 4 points! :lol:

Fat Krion

Juniors
Pathetic. Last week only bog average forwards had bit tackle stats :lol::lol:

Even Robbo was critical of their attack. I would be too if you had someone who we better than Burge, Raper, Coote, Beetson, Miles, Price,Clyde et al and could only score 4 points! :lol:

Are you drunk? Lay off the cans of Woodstock and Winnie Reds.

Your not coherent at the best of times....

Latest posts