What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will SBW rank among the game's best ever second rowers?

Loudstrat

Coach
Haha the fail is strong in this thread.

He's the most talented forward of all time. I haven't seen another forward even close.
I havent seen Everest or Kilimanjaro. Therefore Mt Kosciusko is the highest mountain ever :crazy:

how long is enough to be considered a great? Take DallyM for example. 6 seasons, 50 games. Gets the awards named after him, and is in the team of the century.
Next year is SBW's 7th and he'll get to a century of games. That's enough for him to cement his status as a great
It must be a bit like the Robert Johnson/Crossroads thing - sold his soul to the devil to become the greatest bluesman of his generation. Roosters fans sold their brains to win a comp.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I havent seen Everest or Kilimanjaro. Therefore Mt Kosciusko is the highest mountain ever :crazy:

It must be a bit like the Robert Johnson/Crossroads thing - sold his soul to the devil to become the greatest bluesman of his generation. Roosters fans sold their brains to win a comp.

Robert Johnson - great, great bluesman. Crossroads - good movie.:cool:

Loudstrat

Coach
SBW - the Ralph Macchio of Rugby League.

I can hear Pip/Fart Krying/Gonzo/Dalek/Tommy Sniff stroking the OMG penis - "wax on, wax off"

Loved the Steve Vai dual though!

So you are a bluesman Maggie? Are you a Muddy man or in the BB camp?

Meth

Staff member
If SBW stayed in Rugby League for the entirety of his career, I think he may have been the best second rower of all time.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It's a good question this one. SBW has demonstrated himself to have all the attributes to be the best ever second rower. He's also consistent in the fact that he plays at a high level on a regular basis. The argument against is the lack of games that he has played. Both are good points. It is hard to place him higher then a player that has played at a similar level but has played twice the games.

I'm going to sit on the fence on this one :sarcasm:

Tommy Smith

Referee
The butthurt is really lingering isn't it Loudy?

You must have cried like a little girl when SBW put in a legendary, all-time great second half performance to win the Premiership!

At 18-8 you must have been so excited! And if we lost you'd still be giving it to Sonny.

But alas we didn't. SBW stepped up like a legend and won his team a comp. Similar to what Hindy did in 2001 right?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&r...diH0Eh6cElt6th_FKzl3DLPg&ust=1384661337166168

Tommy Smith

Referee
591679-131012s-sonny-bill-williams.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
The butthurt is really lingering isn't it Loudy?

You must have cried like a little girl when SBW put in a legendary, all-time great second half performance to win the Premiership!

At 18-8 you must have been so excited! And if we lost you'd still be giving it to Sonny.

But alas we didn't. SBW stepped up like a legend and won his team a comp. Similar to what Hindy did in 2001 right?
24 second half points is still a record, right? (apart from 75 and 08)

Im sure Hindy's personal trophy cabinet s fuller than SBW's.

Funny how you lot ignore the Jennings miracle try!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well SBW has two NRL Premierships, a Union World Cup, a Super 15 Rugby Title. He might be about to add a RLWC title and will certainly add a WCC medal in February.

What's in Hindy's cabinet?

But let's please not compare the two. One's a club stalwart the other is a genius.

ozbash

Referee
Well SBW has two NRL Premierships, a Union World Cup, a Super 15 Rugby Title. He might be about to add a RLWC title and will certainly add a WCC medal in February.

What's in Hindy's cabinet?

But let's please not compare the two. One's a club stalwart the other is a genius.

you forgot current NZ Heavyweight boxing champ...:cool: