What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will SBW rank among the game's best ever second rowers?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11175603

Due to a stunted career punctuated by code hopping, bizarre and farcical boxing sojourns and just one dismal world cup campaign... probably nowhere noteworthy.
Coulda woulda shoulda - didn't.

Totally agree with your comment.

It's like he has a tendency to stick his fingers in too many pies. Does he get bored with doing the same thing for a decent period of time? Must have ADHD.

Anyway, good riddance after the 2014 season. Do we expect him to come crawling back in 2017?

Valheru

Coach
SBW rates nowhere near the top due to his boxing skills, we all know that is a crucial part of being a good rugby league player and a key reason why the likes of Johns and Lockyer are considered the best ever. Additionally, I am sick of the circus with this bloke, not knowing every week whether he will play or not has weakened my heart, not to mention the fact that he is well past it and can’t make game changing plays.

Finally, he is a complete liability in defence, what we need is someone who tries ever so hard week in week out for 15 years without actually achieving anything and that man is Nathan Hindmarsh IMO.

Delboy

First Grade
Best value signing ever, probably in the cap for $150k, Shoebox has gone, so is it a coincidence that $BW moves on :)

Still a really good player that my married daughter thinks is HOT !!

DeeJ

Bench
what's funny about that? we all knew he was going back for the RWC in 2015. We still have a fit and focussed SBW for 2014

Will he even make the all blacks team? In the last world cup he came off the bench in the final 10 min of the Grand final and was a bench player in the semi as well indicating he was not an important player to that team.

He'll be close to 30 with 2 years out of rugby as well. He'd be better off staying in league (money wise too) but I don't blame him for wanting to achieve all he can.