What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would NRL be without Polynesians

LissaNicho

Juniors
fish eel said:
No, Popeye was just trying to sound like a know it all claiming immigrants arent welcome in Germany. He'd be better off taking note of what happens in our own country before throwing stones at others.
No, Poupou was referring to the existance of groups in Germany opposed to immigration. Just like there are in Australia, and everywhere. You'd be better off paying closer attention, before going off half-cocked.

sportive cupid said:
lol at a Contiki education

LOL at 81girl.

The Warriors seem to have found a good balance at the moment, between grunt and flair. Price's inclusion in the forwards has been a very stabilising element.

Poupou said:
...Once they hit their late teens, non-Polynesian kids start to catch up to their Poly mates in terms of size and strength and become competitive again. But by this stage many of them have already quit footy years ago.
It's happening the same way with rugby in NZ. While most rugby comps have gone back to the weight grades rather than age, it means some of the massive kids are being put in grades that they don't necessarily have the skill level for, with kids a few years older. I saw one example of an 11 year old who was playing with mostly 16 year olds, due to his size.

strider

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
I reckon the best footy would be made up as such:

* Fullback/centres/wingers - Polys
* Halves - Non Polys
* Back row - 1 creative Poly and 2 workhorse non Polys
* Front row - BIG muthafugga Polys
* Hooker - non Poly
poly want a cracker? :lol:

LissaNicho

Juniors
fish eel said:
if being here first means nothing, perhaps someone should tell the high court because that would make the mabo decision redundant.

You don't see the allusion to the people who believe that being from convict stock/several generations/ first fleet etc somehow makes them more valid as Australians? High Court decisions are markedly different to those that can be made in the court of public opinion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Poupou Escobar said:
Dude, not allowing ourselves to be misrepresented on the internet is what separates man from the animals.

dude

I hear ya bro

but I wouldn't say you're an animal,

although you do live in Brownsville with the cowboys, where the greatest monument in town looks like a giant condom

fish eel

Immortal
LissaNicho said:
You don't see the allusion to the people who believe that being from convict stock/several generations/ first fleet etc somehow makes them more valid as Australians? High Court decisions are markedly different to those that can be made in the court of public opinion.

good one olive oyl, court of public opinion. Because public opinion is always right and is always informaed enough to make a right decision.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
sportive cupid said:
lol at a Contiki education

LOL!!!!!

I'm a permanent resident of Sweden. I've never been on a Contiki tour.

fish eel said:
if being here first means nothing, perhaps someone should tell the high court because that would make the mabo decision redundant.

The high court are going to adjudicate on being a 'Real Aussie' are they? :lol:

What next? They'll hand down a ruling on whether or not Ford is better than Holden? :lol:

Simpleton.

LissaNicho said:
I saw one example of an 11 year old who was playing with mostly 16 year olds, due to his size.

Not only do 11 year olds tend to have less skill than 16 year olds but a 16 year old would have an incredible strength advantage over an 11 year old of the same weight.

I think an age-weight system needs to be introduced but if you make too many divisions you'll find many clubs unable to field a full team in certain categories.

Not to mention (god forbid) children starving themselves the week prior to a weigh-in and then bulking up as soon as they're graded.

fish eel

Immortal
hey popeye, if yu're gonna quote, quote the right people. Perhaps you need to eat more spinach or listen to this man for some real wisdom:

young_castro_2.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
dude

I hear ya bro

but I wouldn't say you're an animal,

although you do live in Brownsville with the cowboys, where the greatest monument in town looks like a giant condom

Yeah dawg I really miss the traffic and the wankerishness and the crime of Sydney. :roll:

fish eel said:
good one olive oyl, court of public opinion. Because public opinion is always right and is always informaed enough to make a right decision.

We're talking about people though aren't we? Who's a "Real Australian" and who isn't.

The court of public opinion's the only one that's ever going to condescend to make a ruling on something as stupid as Realness.

Keep it real fish eel.

fish eel

Immortal
Poupou Escobar said:

The court of public opinion's the only one that's ever going to condescend to make a ruling on something as stupid as Realness.

Keep it real fish eel.

well that same court of public opinion would say that people of middle eastern heritage living in sw sydney, even if they were born here, are not real australians.

sportive cupid

Referee
Poupou Escobar said:
I think an age-weight system needs to be introduced but if you make too many divisions you'll find many clubs unable to field a full team in certain categories.

Not to mention (god forbid) children starving themselves the week prior to a weigh-in and then bulking up as soon as they're graded.
Sydney junior Rugby already has an age /weight system in place and I never saw any kids starving themselves.Mostly because the sysytem is designed around a medical certificate at the beginning
of a season not a weekly weighin

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Poupou Escobar said:
Yeah dawg I really miss the traffic and the wankerishness and the crime of Sydney. :roll:

We're talking about people though aren't we? Who's a "Real Australian" and who isn't.

Keep it real fish eel.

wankerisness, is that an army word ?

I don't miss it, thats why I live 1,000 kilometres away

but I also dont live in a palce where the river is so bad, they named a fever after it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
fish eel said:
well that same court of public opinion would say that people of middle eastern heritage living in sw sydney, even if they were born here, are not real australians.

Probably because many of them don't consider themselves Australians. Hard to be something if you reject the tag yourself.

It'd be just as stupid if the majority of white Australians called themselves British.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Poupou Escobar said:
Probably because many of them don't consider themselves Australians. Hard to be something if you reject the tag yourself.

It'd be just as stupid if the majority of white Australians called themselves British.

especially if they weren't white

sportive cupid

Referee
Poupou Escobar said:

I
Now you ARE making sweeping generalised statements on something I doubt you have any personal experience with.Which is understandable given your background

Latest posts