What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the best halves

Who has the best halves?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fatshark

Bench
dykes and kimmorley we all know the answer to that question
If they can click, you have the most experiened combination in the whole comp. I d rather be waiting for a combination with experience to work than a combo with no experience.
Out of all of the teams that have untried 5/8s a very small few, if any, will work.
I could be wrong though as half the teams have changed tac in fielding centres as 5/8s. Its one of the strangest starts to a competition.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I voted Cowboys. Any halves combination with the likes of Smith and Thurston in it is certainly very dangerous.

Charlie124

First Grade
I know it all depends on how the players click together but i dont think you can go past the Australian/Origin Halves.

Darren Lockyer
Jonathon Thurston

So then look at their support/halves partners.

Shane Perry - lets just say he's lucky he has Lockyer standing next to him.
Jason Smith - A proven leader, level head and experience in being the chief playmaker, while still having the ability to take a back seat.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So wait...Soward/Lewis/Pearce/Wing whoever the hell plasy for ther Roosters' halves...They have the potential, according to some here, to be the best halves in 2007?

And yet the Eels and Sharks are no chance?

This logic is...Well, non-existent, really...

Shorty

Staff member
Well on paper quite a few of them look good....but really...well I'd have to say Lockyer and Johns to be really safe because a lot of teams are experimenting with their halves and so most are yet to be proven.
Cowboys could be the most lethal and is similar to Newcastle in the fact that it's experience and rising talent together.
I'm not really sure about Storm...I definitely have more faith in them than the Dragons but I'm not sure Cronk is strong enough.
Titans looks very promising also.

Wicks

Juniors
Lowdown said:
Firstly - I didnt vote for Cronk/Inglis - i voted for Prince/Campbell. I think the combo is as yet unproven.

So..I guess that leaves the rest of your post as meaningless drivel....:badgrin:
:iwstupid:

Do you have an innate drive to undercut yourself

I didnt mention your pick

I queried the halfback list How you even dared to put Melbourne with those two other halves pairings And the Dallys Ms

Keep digging if you like

skeepe

Immortal
It's going to be quite an interesting year... only Brisbane and the Dogs are going into 2007 with the same halves combination as last season.

Given that, I find it impossible to pick who will be the best. They are pretty much ALL unknowns, particularly in terms of how well they gel together and whether they can stand up and be counted when it matters.

One things for sure, it's going to be one hell of an interesting season.

Disco

Bench
Im going to buck the trend and exclude my own team (the thread is pointless with people argueing there own teams merits)

Im going with the Knights, Johns is still the Master, and Mullen is a special talent who, next to Johns, will have a big year

I Went With Mullen and Johns, As Long As Johns can stay on the field all season, i think they will push for top 4, even despite, their weak backline compared to previous years

Disco

Bench
This poll would have been more interesting if we cut some of the options, say made it from

Knights-Johns/Mullen
Titans-Prince/Campbell
Manly-Orford/Lyon
Brisbane-Perry/Lockyer
Melbourne-Cronk/Inglis
Saints-Hornby/Gasnier
Cowboys-Thurston/Smith

VictorTheViking said:
....you mentioned something about carney never having, nor will accomplish anything, he accomplished more last year than the plasticine pinup (marshall).
:lol:

Last season alone Marshall created more flair, entertained more fans and got more people through the turnstiles than Carney will in his whole career….

I know the poll is for the best halves combination…but I wanted to vote for which clubs fans are most full of themselves
1. Canberra
2. Canberra
3. Canberra

No club holds a candle to the Raiders on that one

spider

Coach
Disco said:
This poll would have been more interesting if we cut some of the options, say made it from

Knights-Johns/Mullen
Titans-Prince/Campbell
Manly-Orford/Lyon
Brisbane-Perry/Lockyer
Melbourne-Cronk/Inglis
Saints-Hornby/Gasnier
Cowboys-Thurston/Smith

Trouble has trained at 5/8 all off season - he has first crack over Preston.

The Fruit Pickers said:
:lol:

Last season alone Marshall created more flair, entertained more fans and got more people through the turnstiles than Carney will in his whole career….

I know the poll is for the best halves combination…but I wanted to vote for which clubs fans are most full of themselves
1. Canberra
2. Canberra
3. Canberra

No club holds a candle to the Raiders on that one

Where did you get this from?

You lot really are insecure in tigerland aren't you

Marshall sat out what, a decent part of the season, how exactly did he accomplish so much? Idiot.......

Eelementary

Post Whore
Disco said:

Knights-Johns/Mullen
Titans-Prince/Campbell
Manly-Orford/Lyon
Brisbane-Perry/Lockyer
Melbourne-Cronk/Inglis
Saints-Hornby/Gasnier
Cowboys-Thurston/Smith

What's so special about that particular Manly halves combination? Or that particular Melbourne halves combination?

In both cases you have an untested 5/8 playing.

VictorTheViking said:
You lot really are insecure in tigerland aren't you

Insecure, what are you on about, that makes no sense at all to anything I said….:crazy:

VictorTheViking said:
Marshall sat out what, a decent part of the season, how exactly did he accomplish so much?
What are you talking about, its the same as Johns, Lockyer, SBW, Inglis and a few others, they are drawcards, they can get fans through the gates, even if they play less than half the season they accomplish that much, and way much more than Carney did….

Definition of a Canberra fan…..
believes Canberra have the best halves combination in 2007,
believes Canberra have the best backline in 2007,
believes Canberra have the best forward pack in 2007,
believes Canberra are the best thing to ever grace the football field,
blames Elliot for any and all of the clubs past woes,
(and I apologise to the few Canberra fans who are sensible and realistic)

Disco

Bench
Eelementary said:
What's so special about that particular Manly halves combination? Or that particular Melbourne halves combination?

In both cases you have an untested 5/8 playing.
Same could be said for Parra

I never said the Manly combo were special, just that they would be in the top 8 halves combo's in the NRL

Geohood

Bench
In relation to the Roosters halves.. all I said was 'suprise', not be the best.. so calm down boys. :p

SilverSteeler

Juniors
If Hornby played 5/8 and Head was injury free I would pick them.

Presto and Prince would be the best halves Combination
Followed by Thurston and Smith.

Latest posts